DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Precision Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea def bad practice....what is your need to do it every flight? I have had my dji drones forever each one got calibrated once when i got them....no flyaways. So lets see my p4 almost 2.5 years old p4p 1.5 , mavic pro, 1.5 spark 1 , and my mavic air 8 months...i dont calibrate....if the app doesnt ask or u see no anomolys why are u doing it
My thoughts exactly. I only calibrate when & as required but as it stands at the mo my M2P seems to want one every month.;)

Reactions: Mike4884 and fozzzy
And you do both imu and compass?
Compass everytime. IMU every month or so. Never had any kind of flying problem in any of my DJI drones.

Why the hostility about calibration. Calibration shaming?

The OP has already explained why he did it and the results he got from it. Simply because you "think" it's bad practice is pure opinion -- and barely informed at that. And we all know what they say about opinions.
What? I was not talking to op....i was talking to spaceweasel. Open your eyes a little more or have a second read there pal.....

Dude are u dense? Or just a troll?

Question from a newbie: what is IMU?
I’m assuming this is not about calibrating rthe compass which I do every session?

Compass everytime. IMU every month or so. Never had any kind of flying problem in any of my DJI drones.

Why the hostility about calibration. Calibration shaming?
Hostility no. Shock, yes. Calibrating a compass every flight, total waste of time. But, if we were all the same, think how boring the world would be. Don’t change on my account.

Question from a newbie: what is IMU?
I’m assuming this is not about calibrating rthe compass which I do every session?
If there is SOME form of information anywhere that says you need to calibrate a compass on a DJI product every time you get the urge,
I would like to know where it hides.

Not to add too much, but an IMU calibration has absolutely nothing to do with precision landing. Anyone who understands how an IMU works should know that.
Dude, are you dense, or just a troll? Obviously, he benefited from calibrating the IMU to improve landing precision. Just roll with it and stop arguing about whether or not a fault necessitated it. This is a perfect example of why people detest online communities like this.
When available, please clue me in on where you found the technical information that indicates how an imu has the ability to calculate and find a given location.

Reactions: Levitate
I dont calibrate anything for no reason. I went to series of testing to satisfy myself that my M2Z is working the way it suppose to. It doesnt hurt to calibrate but have to do the test again to satisfy myself that I didnt screw it up. If I find that I do frequent calibration of compass and IMU to remove vertical or horizontal movements from hovering, that tells me that something is wrong. My P4P is over a year old and have passed my pre flight checks for every flight. It is still on factory compass and IMU calibration. I expect nothing less from my M2Z.

Sooo - now we've established that IMU and Compass calibration are a waste of time [??] - Can we at least establish that IF you do carry out regular IMU & Compass calibration checks, that they actually have no adverse effect on you or your Drone???? [past getting dizzy doing the Drone dance!]

You left out updates, and sensor calibration too. It's ALL a big waste of time. Only have 3 props on?... NO PROBLEM! Don't waste your time doing a gimbal calibration or even bother to remove the gimbal clamp. In fact why even take it out of the bag? But POSITIVELY make sure you have a cool skin and all the other geegaws you can strap, tape and mount.

Reactions: spaceweasel
What? I was not talking to op....i was talking to spaceweasel. Open your eyes a little more or have a second read there pal.....

Dude are u dense? Or just a troll?

This is a public forum, if you don't want people reading your crap... don't post it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J