DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro constantly disconnects from the phone app.

astroprojector

Reactions
Hello,

I recently upgraded from Phantom 4 Pro to Mavic 2 Pro. I used Phantom with my Note 8 phone and never had an issue with connecting the phone app. With Mavic 2 Pro I constantly have an issue of the phone app disconnecting.

Here is how I connect.

1. I connect the phone to the remote using the USB-C cable that runs on the side of the remote.
2. Turn on the drone.
3. Turn on the remote.

At this point remote connects and I get the "Go Fly" notification in the app. I start flying and at any moment I can get "app disconnected message" the screen turns black and white. I have to return the drone back home using the remote and try reconnecting. Sometimes initial connection will not work at all, I do not even get the "Go Fly" option. I have to click on "Enter Device" instead and try to connect that way, but again when it does eventually connects and I am able to fly, the app will disconnect.

Not sure if it is an app or the phone? Note 8 is slightly thicker then the slots on the remote and I really have to push it in.

Is this normal behavior with Note 8?
Can I do anything to remedy the situation?

Thank you

I also use note 8 without a case though for it to fit. So i recently starting using velcro so i didnt have to remove my case to fly. Any way i have had the app go black and white before also the bird goes into RTH which works like its supp. to. Then about 60ft off the ground as it is landing it reconnects. Now this was happening when i used a magnetic tip in the side of the RC. I have since taken that out and use the lower usb port and have not had this problem again. Hope this helps.

I also use note 8 without a case though for it to fit. So i recently starting using velcro so i didnt have to remove my case to fly. Any way i have had the app go black and white before also the bird goes into RTH which works like its supp. to. Then about 60ft off the ground as it is landing it reconnects. Now this was happening when i used a magnetic tip in the side of the RC. I have since taken that out and use the lower usb port and have not had this problem again. Hope this helps.

I use Note 8 without the case also. What is the "magnetic tip in the side of the RC"?

I use Note 8 without the case also. What is the "magnetic tip in the side of the RC"?
Some have been using a magnetic connection so they do not have to keep unplugging and plugging into the side RC port when they need to charge it. Most also have fewer connection problems by using the center USB port on the RC to connect to their phone/tablet.

Sorry didnt mean to get off track of the problem. Two things to try is another cable and reinstall Go4 app if you havent.

Check the plug in port on your device and clean it out - likely crud in there and also try a good quality cord

Reactions: Mossiback
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds