DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro disconnected mid-flight and lost

austin1124

Reactions
Hi all,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and it suddenly lost the connection and never returned. It was over water/along the coast, so I was unable to retrieve it or look for it on the ground. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, the connection was perfect and it was only 194m from me (I was bringing it back to land). There was no wind or other external factors, that I am aware of, and the battery was at about 75% at the time. It tried to return home after the connection loss but did not. I've attached the flight records, any help parsing them would be great. I also have DJI Care Refresh, but it is my understanding that it would likely not cover it since I could not retrieve it. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-15_[14-23-13].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 2019-05-15 14_29_54-163DF8L0012P0S.dat
    256 bytes · Views: 52
  • 2019-05-15 14_23_14-163DF8L0012P0S.dat
    155 bytes · Views: 34
Reactions: Lukea777
Hi all,

I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro today and it suddenly lost the connection and never returned. It was over water/along the coast, so I was unable to retrieve it or look for it on the ground. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, the connection was perfect and it was only 194m from me (I was bringing it back to land). There was no wind or other external factors, that I am aware of, and the battery was at about 75% at the time. It tried to return home after the connection loss but did not. I've attached the flight records, any help parsing them would be great. I also have DJI Care Refresh, but it is my understanding that it would likely not cover it since I could not retrieve it. Thank you very much.
Sounds like something I just went thru with my zoom, close flight disconnects and gone no RTH....:rolleyes: I wonder, were you also on the latest firmware?

Here is my thread , i had similar issue but luckily AC was hover above home point.

Here it is

That's the third M2 log I've seen recently with these core recovery errors:

333.765 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
333.765 : 21886 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
334.619 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
334.619 : 21936 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
334.660 : 21939 [L-COMPASS][mag auto cali(0)] init|​
335.207 : 21971 [L-FMU/LED]action changed. sys error:battery_status_data.communicate_err_status(9)​
335.472 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
335.472 : 21986 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
336.325 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
336.325 : 22036 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
337.179 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
337.179 : 22086 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
338.032 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
338.032 : 22136 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​
338.885 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||​
338.885 : 22186 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] smbus_read CMD_POWER_STATE error||​

Loss of connection.....loss of drone

Mavic Crash, Can I please get a hand with Analysis?

In the first thread linked, DJI replaced the aircraft based on those errors in the event stream.

@Simmo - there's a pattern here.

@BudWalker - any thoughts on this?

Reactions: Live LA and Simmo
Battery needs a firmware update? It got confused when it couldn't read battery state?
When I got my M2P 3 weeks ago and updated the firmware, it did come up with the message "Inconsistent firmware", twice. It turns out, it was when I inserted different batteries.

Reactions: unionglzr
Battery needs a firmware update? It got confused when it couldn't read battery state?
When I got my M2P 3 weeks ago and updated the firmware, it did come up with the message "Inconsistent firmware", twice. It turns out, it was when I inserted different batteries.

I don't think so, but you could check your DAT log to see what entries that produces.

I too would like to know how you resolved this. When I fire up my M2P, the DJI GO 4 status is all fine with the firmware. But when I start it up to take off, I get the occasional "Inconsistent firmware" message flashing on the screen.

With the 3P3, it was easy to upgrade the batteries by just putting them in the powered-up craft with the BIN files on the SD card. What does the Mavic require for this same battery firmware update?

Thanks, Chris

If the battery is needing a firmware update you can check that under the main “about” screen with DJIGO4.

It will show you all the firmware levels and if a battery needs to be updated you can do it from that screen.

Battery firmware can be done quickly over a WiFi link no need to use Assistant 2 for Mavic.

One problem is if you have more than one drone and don’t have the most current firmware loaded on all of them. This means if you put a battery in a drone with newer version of firmware you will get an inconsistent firmware error.

Paul C

Last edited:
Mavic 2 pro disconnection seems big problem, it is not just cable or GPS , it looks like bigger than that
Disconnection was not the problem at all.
The disconnected message only appears because the drone has lost power completely and fallen from the sky.
It's not a case of disconnected and lost - it's just lost.

Thanks for looking into to all this. I have put in a case with DJI support, so I will report back what they decide. It does look like, as @sar104 notes, a similar case to the other ones he linked with similar hardware errors in the dat files. I don't think there would have been any firmware issues, as I was not swapping batteries between two different drones with different firmware.

Reactions: rterrasd
Paul, I just powered my M2P up and went into Go4_Settings_About and I don't see a listing for battery firmware. It lists AC and RC firmwares, both of mine current on .004. But no listing for battery firmware?

If the battery is needing a firmware update you can check that under the main “about” screen with DJIGO4.

It will show you all the firmware levels and if a battery needs to be updated you can do it from that screen.

Battery firmware can be done quickly over a WiFi link no need to use Assistant 2 for Mavic.

One problem is if you have more than one drone and don’t have the most current firmware loaded on all of them. This means if you put a battery in a drone with newer version of firmware you will get an inconsistent firmware error.

Paul C

Incorrect - there are several occasions where the log proves DJI fault and that is good enough for DJI.
Spark forum is littered with drone replacements without a drone.
DJI care policy is clear- crashed drone must be provided for coverage to be honoured.

Warranty is different story. It seems you are talking about warranty replacement based on flight logs. That does happen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada