DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Gimbal "dip" in Sport Mode or P Mode + Windy?

anom3

Reactions
Anyone else experience this, maybe this is normal?

Going to try my best to describe this but basically when ever i full throttle in Sport Mode OR full throttle in P Mode in very windy conditions at the wind, the gimbal will "dip" downwards a bit sometimes. In sport mode, if I fly for 15 or 20 minutes (full bat) it will pretty much for sure do it at least once. Today I was flying in P mode in very windy conditions and it "dipped" a number of times.

Almost as though its detecting its reaching / has reached its "top" max and is giving up a few degrees so it doesn't top out.

I can correct it a few seconds later by bringing the gimbal back up using the wheel.

Anyone else experience this?

Normal?

Reactions: frank candor
Hasn't happened to me yet but if it only occurs in extreme flying scenarios with very high aircraft attitude (angle) from fighting the wind, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Other things stop working properly too when the aircraft tilts too much, such as the sensors, but you see an attitude warning for that in the app when the sensors go. I wouldn't expect the gimbal to work flawlessly at extreme angles either, as I am sure the aircraft can momentarily exceed the gimbal's range during certain maneuvers. Sorry I know that probably doesn't help much, but if it doesn't happen under normal flying conditions I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for the input.

will probably ignore it as 2 hours later today i had a flight when the wind passed and it was flawless.

Hasn't happened to me yet but if it only occurs in extreme flying scenarios with very high aircraft attitude (angle) from fighting the wind, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Other things stop working properly too when the aircraft tilts too much, such as the sensors, but you see an attitude warning for that in the app when the sensors go. I wouldn't expect the gimbal to work flawlessly at extreme angles either, as I am sure the aircraft can momentarily exceed the gimbal's range during certain maneuvers. Sorry I know that probably doesn't help much, but if it doesn't happen under normal flying conditions I wouldn't worry about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d