DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 PRO Lost near Schopfheim

uncertifiedjoker

Reactions
Lost my MAVIC 2 PRO when using the waypoint setting, I set six points, was reasonable distance within 1.5km radius and reached first waypoint no problem but then ,I started losing signal and then signal disappeared entirely, followed the rough direction of quadcopter but still no signal, I was sure that on the setting I put it to return home when lose signal however I had a friend waiting at home point yet he heard nothing come close for 20 minutes whilst I followed where each waypoint was around this mountain, there was ample battery life to complete and come home according to algorithm in DJI Go App, but if it had I guess it would have come home, I do have a reward available as it is the memory card I am most cut up about as there are so many memories on it, thanks for the read, I'm guessing this far down the line that DJI care won't help here as the Mavic 3 is now out.

Lost my MAVIC 2 PRO when using the waypoint setting, I set six points, was reasonable distance within 1.5km radius and reached first waypoint no problem but then ,I started losing signal
I haven't used DJI's waypoint feature, but if it records flight data the same way al other flight does, perhaps the flight data could help.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Also can you give a screenshot or some kind of file to show where the waypoint path went?

Reactions: uncertifiedjoker
Ditto the phantom help thing mentioned by Meta 4 and the next point will be answered by the log if posted but what terrain lay between the disconnection point and the home point.
If there is a disconnection whilst performing a waypoints flight what happens, does the pre-programmed flight continue or does failsafe behaviour commence?

Reactions: uncertifiedjoker
where each waypoint was around this mountain
Is this a possible clue for the loss of signal? Was it going behind a mountain from where the controller was?
I’ve always been cognizant of line of site with what I send off. Possibly waypoint missions make that a mute point?
Just curious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada