DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro sensor did not detect fat power line

Great footage and beautiful colours....a little risky with the flight manoeuvres!! But maybe your pockets are deeper than the canal [emoji39]

Reactions: StefanGuson
It looked like it almost recovered if it weren't for the tree.
Do you have a picture of the wire?

That happened to me too.
I think you can see wire in like 55-60 seconds. It is fatter then it looks. close to one centimeter in diameter.

I was using my Mavic Air on my sailing boat and the Air would detect way thinner lines. So either the Mavic 2 Pro got confused by the beautiful autumn colors and did not pay so much attention to obstacles... beside that I had to replace two props then it was not a single scratch (and it took some beatings from falling 5-6 meters from the tree.)

Now I am only sad that the resolution on the Mavic 2 Pro has been shown similar or worse on my Mavic Air. But outperforms on pictures. So now my aim is to become great on how to do hyperlapse

Last edited:
Great footage and beautiful colours....a little risky with the flight manoeuvres!! But maybe your pockets are deeper than the canal [emoji39]

Yes I know. I am to careless. I lost two phantoms

And have been close to lost my Spark and Mavic Air as i refused to listen to "Low battery" nagging (I found my Air on a pavement one meter from heavy traffic. )

But the footage was great (expect props are seen due to strong when doing some program like POI):

I'm very glad you were able to recover your Mavic.
Indeed you were VERY lucky the tree captured your Mavic and possibly saved it from falling into the water.
The Mavic's sensors are not usually able to detect small branches or wires from the many postings on here that talk about such collisions and subsequent crashes.
Awesomely beautiful video though. The colors are truly eye popping.

Beautiful fall colors. I'm glad you escaped damage to your M2P.

It looks like it was caught at or just below the props. The camera was angled down so if it were the legs, we should have seen it.
I my case, you see the wire. Since my video shows the video go downward, my AC must have tipped down, so probably was caught by the legs.

Lesson learned.
But I was lucky

WOW!!!! That was scary for me, I can only imagine how it was for you. That however was an excellent video other than that slight mishap. As long as I have been flying drones i have NEVER crashed any of my drones, and today of all days I was shooting some video at my church and I didn't have sight on the drone (I know, shame on me) and was coming slowly around a corner to frame up my shot and when the obstacle avoidance sensors detected a tree it was too late. I was in the tree and tumbling down. Good thing is the tree caught the drone and got stuck up there. It was too hight to reach, but low enough for me to reach with a 8 foot ladder. Talk about a close call. That 360 degree coverage is deceiving I see as i have learned today it is only 360 degree avoidance in certain modes. Thanks DJI for not making that abundantly clear.

It looks like it was caught at or just below the props. The camera was angled down so if it were the legs, we should have seen it.
I my case, you see the wire. Since my video shows the video go downward, my AC must have tipped down, so probably was caught by the legs.

Yes You can see power line like 55-60 seconds going other direction . It looks thinner than reality like 1 cm thick. I was going in tripod mode.

As I am a paraglider I hate power lines

WOW!!!! That was scary for me, I can only imagine how it was for you. That however was an excellent video other than that slight mishap. As long as I have been flying drones i have NEVER crashed any of my drones, and today of all days I was shooting some video at my church and I didn't have sight on the drone (I know, shame on me) and was coming slowly around a corner to frame up my shot and when the obstacle avoidance sensors detected a tree it was too late. I was in the tree and tumbling down. Good thing is the tree caught the drone and got stuck up there. It was too hight to reach, but low enough for me to reach with a 8 foot ladder. Talk about a close call. That 360 degree coverage is deceiving I see as i have learned today it is only 360 degree avoidance in certain modes. Thanks DJI for not making that abundantly clear.
They do actually. Even the sensor icon shows which are active and which are not.
All red: no sensor
Green top/bottom, red sides, no side sensors
All green: all 4 sides.

Reactions: StefanGuson
Yes I know. I am to careless. I lost two phantoms

And have been close to lost my Spark and Mavic Air as i refused to listen to "Low battery" nagging (I found my Air on a pavement one meter from heavy traffic. )

But the footage was great (expect props are seen due to strong when doing some program like POI):

This is downright dangerous and irresponsible in my opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun