DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Hyperlapse Bounce

Joshteq

Reactions
Hey guys I picked up a Mavic 2 Zoom about a month ago and have used the hyperlapse feature quite a bit already, however today decided to just have it stay in one spot the entire hyperlapse. Beginning of the hyperlapse is super smooth and then it seems like halfway through the drone "loses" its' hover. It started going up and down in altitude at the end of the video and pretty much ruined the hyperlapse. It looks like it's bouncing up and down a bunch at the end. Anyone have any thoughts on why this happened?

Hey guys I picked up a Mavic 2 Zoom about a month ago and have used the hyperlapse feature quite a bit already, however today decided to just have it stay in one spot the entire hyperlapse. Beginning of the hyperlapse is super smooth and then it seems like halfway through the drone "loses" its' hover. It started going up and down in altitude at the end of the video and pretty much ruined the hyperlapse. It looks like it's bouncing up and down a bunch at the end. Anyone have any thoughts on why this happened?

A bit late, but you might want to post a link to a video. You can post videos on Youtube. But how long were you in the air? Maybe power/battery was starting to weaken.

I'm thinking maybe it could have been blown off by the wind and it was trying to correct itself. It was a bit windy and gave me the wind warning while it was taking the hyperlapse. If it got knocked a little off course by a gust of wind I wonder if it would cause that.

Hi - I'm certain it'll be the wind. It only takes a slight change in position on some of the hyper lapse shots to cause the effect you mention. I've experienced this, always on windy days. The best environmental setting for hyperlapse is a calm day and not to have anything too close in the foreground as any change in position is very noticeable.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan