DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Blurry video when turning

BaldyBoyBilly

Reactions
Thoughts on the following?
I did a quick flight today with my new M3 and recorded a test video in 4k. When flying straight, footage looks clean. As soon as any yaw/turn is applied the image gets very blurry (especially the perimeters). Once a turn is completed, the image is clear and clean.
In the short attached clip, after clearing through the pine trees, the drone straightens out and the tall leaf-less trees become crystal clear. But they get blurry again when turning.

sample video

So that really is with all drones and that kind of footage is never going to be nice unless you slow down the speed to a crawl or better yet slow motion

Notice how slow I had to go to get a decent pan out of it. same on any other drone as well. Slow and Cine speed for those shots.

See: 3:31 minutes for the Pan

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain / Snow

Filming at a higher frame rate or a higher shutter speed or both will help with blur. Steven Spielberg shot Saving Private Ryan with a shutter speed of around 1/200 sec (45° shutter angle) to bring out the explosions and such with less blur and increase the impact of the visual. For ENG video higher frame rates are used for the same purpose. What is considered cinematic is not necessary or desired in what they produce.

Filming at a higher frame rate or a higher shutter speed or both will help with blur. Steven Spielberg shot Saving Private Ryan with a shutter speed of around 1/200 sec (45° shutter angle) to bring out the explosions and such with less blur and increase the impact of the visual. For ENG video higher frame rates are used for the same purpose. What is considered cinematic is not necessary or desired in what they produce.
Thank you all for the suggestions and info.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan