DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine Chicago Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all I can say he milked his first post to get hits on his channel.
Personally I don't think much of someone starting a thread and not responding. And yes he has been on reading all this.
Sorry guys I have nothing for him.
Just me 🤷‍♂️
You start a thread finish it.

Has anyone tried sticking an Apple AirTag on a drone before?

I've successfully used Tiles on my FPV drones before.
This is a great idea. Thank you! I'm going to get one, apply some velcro so I can attach to whatever drone I'm flying.

That's quite amazing it settled somehow on a window ledge !
Glad for the OP.

I thought about this earlier today, and it's quite possible DJI (and the OP) didn't want to share the log due to the possibility of someone actually getting it worked out and find it to keep (literally steal it).
Not all readers here may be as good hearted as the majority, or have the same well wishes for such losses.

That's quite amazing it settled somehow on a window ledge !
Glad for the OP.

I thought about this earlier today, and it's quite possible DJI (and the OP) didn't want to share the log due to the possibility of someone actually getting it worked out and find it to keep (literally steal it).
Not all readers here may be as good hearted as the majority, or have the same well wishes for such losses.
I have never heard of DJI recommending or requiring that someone not share logs - ever. I'm pretty sure that was just more of his apparently never-ending supply of BS. I don't think he is going to fare well if he ever chooses to return to this forum.

I have never heard of DJI recommending or requiring that someone not share logs - ever. I'm pretty sure that was just more of his apparently never-ending supply of BS. I don't think he is going to fare well if he ever chooses to return to this forum.

Yeah, guess we may never know, another one of life's great mysteries.

And he’s enjoying reading all these comments, he was on today
reading them. Scared to comment 🤷‍♂️.
Dont know but if he don’t soon this will be closed . He don’t deserve the hits.

Reactions: ianwood
FWIW, I've never heard of DJI telling anyone to not share their logs. And I've been dealing with them for years. There is no way they could force you either. My belief is he's not sharing them because he knows they will reveal something that he did wrong.

Reactions: dirkclod
He has so little insight into how the drone works.
Previously he mentioned that the home point was "recorded inaccurately" and that it was on the far side of the river from where he was.
Now he says that "in theory the drone should go to your home point, but it didn't".

If the homepoint wasn't where he was, that's not because the drone recorded inaccurately.
It's because he launched without adequate GPS and the drone recorded a home point later during the flight when it did get good GPS location data.

If the drone didn't return to the home point, that's because of problems caused by obstacles and /or obstacle avoidance, or possibly wind or battery issues.

With an understanding of basic drone flight, he could have worked out that much without seeing flight data.
With flight data, there would be a lot less mystery and possibly the cause of the incident would be revealed.
The knowledge gained would help avoid repeating the same mistakes in future.

I guess some flyers just aren't curious or care about learning from flight incidents.

Right now there is another M3Cine sitting in a warehouse awaiting shipment to this guy. It will likely meet the same fate as the first one due to his poor airmanship, poor decision making and lack of emergency preparedness procedures. He has demonstrated that his flying presents a danger to everyone in that downtown area.

I was gonna ask, have we heard of DJI ever making that request before?

------------

Gotta give it to him, genius level marketing idea, all from user error.

Reactions: sar104
I was gonna ask, have we heard of DJI ever making that request before?

------------

Gotta give it to him, genius level marketing idea, all from user error.
I've heard all kinds of rather strange communications from DJI, mostly garbled misunderstandings of the aircraft control systems and probably coming from first tier support, so it is not impossible that someone said something to him about sharing logs. But it's much more likely that he simply didn't want anyone knowledgeable looking at them and spoiling his story with a dose of reality.

I don't think his drone crashed where it is. I think he said it was messed up (probably) because its been sat there for several days and nights exposed to the weather.

Its interesting how it ended up there. Is it possible that RTH landed it where it could and in this instance it was that ledge? Weirdly enough there was another drone found by the workman who called it in. I'm not sure if it was on the roof or on the same ledge...

I think that counts as a crash!

A couple of hundred dollars and he gets a brand new cine most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000