DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Features Missing or Will Never Be

COVID is still hitting the markets, no doubt for that.
And while I see some things may be postponed or delayed, the price is certainly not a thing for DJI to consider. Giving the fact, that the SC v1 is not compatible, the Pro RC is only available directly at their shop etc., I truly have to say, that they could have waited 2 months and then fully release the Mavic 3 for its price you have to pay already today.

I always feel, companies today invest so much money in marketing but the small print gets longer, longer and longer.

Certainly, these devices are technological miracles and all is considered to be working as a matter of course ... but oh dear, DJI is making drones for a century now and still puzzles us with software inadequateness that are absolutely standards and are to be expected coming from their predecessors. But saying that, most of their other drones somewhat released with a beta status in software, so it's no real surprise here.

The real surprise is that we are surprised and that they have steeply gone up with their prices speaking as a hobbyist and we are ought to believe, that the bananas ripen until January (you got to believe).

But don't get me wrong, the M3 is certainly a most capable drone but the business DJI exhibits is nothing I would cheer for. Enjoy your new drones anyway.

But sure thing, Christmas is coming and they don't want to miss that ...

Oh boy, there is no failure here,gee I dont know there seems to be enough people that have the M3
and have accepted the firmware delays.
There is still plenty of function here to make it much more than usable.
Sure it is not perfect,what new drone release is when the product hits market.
But I guess you have your opinion and I have mine so be it.
All good things take time,and as I mentioned before no one has any patience anymore
And is more than willing to bash what will be an excellent drone early next year.
Done.

I just took delivery of my $60,000 Lexus
The dealership says I will get my side view mirrors , my GPS map, and my side sensors in January but my lease payments start immediately . Oh, and the spare tire will cost extra.

I'm not sure I'm really buying the whole rush for Christmas thing. This isn't a Tickle Me Elmo or even a PS5. It's a drone targeted at professionals.

The wife and I do pretty good for ourselves, but we must live in a different world... As a kid(and even now as an adult), a $2200-$5000 drone is not something I'd ever expect to see sitting under the Christmas tree. Granted, I'm also not the person that is going to give the wife a key to a brand new Lexus either...lol

I assume, even if you don't buy your children such expensive toys (certainly true for me), in Christmas times you most probably get tempted to buy yourself something special. Consuming frenzy is in the air with hot discounts and prolonged zero interested credits ... 😄

I just took delivery of my $60,000 Lexus
The dealership says I will get my side view mirrors , my GPS map, and my side sensors in January but my lease payments start immediately . Oh, and the spare tire will cost extra.
Hi Dale! Would it surprise you that over here in the UK, there are certain models of cars sold that do indeed require the buyer to purchase a spare tyre at an extra cost.
Mind you, not on a Lexus of course. LOL!

Hi Dale! Would it surprise you that over here in the UK, there are certain models of cars sold that do indeed require the buyer to purchase a spare tyre at an extra cost.
Mind you, not on a Lexus of course. LOL!
Of course my comment was "tongue in cheek." January is really not so far off for most of us, and Christmas means absolutely nothing to me.My "kids" are fully grown adults on their own and we do not exchange presents. My wife can buy anything she wants, (and she does!). I am in the fortunate position of being able to buy most anything I want when I want it. I am retired, I had a successful career based on years of school (I was an ophthalmologist, or as you say in UK- an oculist). I worked long and hard hours, with a ton of stressful situations in the operating room doing eye surgery for years. I earned my money fair and square. So when I want to purchase something, I want it to be the best and the most complete it can be. I was shocked to learn from this forum that DJI had released an incomplete product and I really resented it. Sure, I will wait for the final product. I am in no rush because it is a hobby and not a means of income for me.

For your comment, I am actually surprised that a spare tire (tyre) is an additional cost.

Side note-In 1963, I spent 3 months studying cardiology at Kings College Hospital in SE London and living with a British family. A delightful and memorable experience.

Dale

Of course my comment was "tongue in cheek." January is really not so far off for most of us, and Christmas means absolutely nothing to me.My "kids" are fully grown adults on their own and we do not exchange presents. My wife can buy anything she wants, (and she does!). I am in the fortunate position of being able to buy most anything I want when I want it. I am retired, I had a successful career based on years of school (I was an ophthalmologist, or as you say in UK- an oculist). I worked long and hard hours, with a ton of stressful situations in the operating room doing eye surgery for years. I earned my money fair and square. So when I want to purchase something, I want it to be the best and the most complete it can be. I was shocked to learn from this forum that DJI had released an incomplete product and I really resented it. Sure, I will wait for the final product. I am in no rush because it is a hobby and not a means of income for me.

For your comment, I am actually surprised that a spare tire (tyre) is an additional cost.

Side note-In 1963, I spent 3 months studying cardiology at Kings College Hospital in SE London and living with a British family. A delightful and memorable experience.

Dale
Yes. I realised your comment was tongue-in-cheek but thought that I should let you know about the lack of accessories/vital spares here in the UK when purchasing certain models of different cars.
I have visited your country a few times (4 times in your state of Florida) and rightaway realised that EVERY car that I rented was finished to a higher standard than what you find here.
I too, like yourself, am retired and can afford what others may call little luxuries but also like you think that Dji had a 'cheek' to release the Mavic 3 in its present 'form'. I more than suspect that it was to cater for the 'Christmas rush'. Take care.
PS, couldn't get enough of your Safari photos and videos.

Yes. I realised your comment was tongue-in-cheek but thought that I should let you know about the lack of accessories/vital spares here in the UK when purchasing certain models of different cars.
I have visited your country a few times (4 times in your state of Florida) and rightaway realised that EVERY car that I rented was finished to a higher standard than what you find here.
I too, like yourself, am retired and can afford what others may call little luxuries but also like you think that Dji had a 'cheek' to release the Mavic 3 in its present 'form'. I more than suspect that it was to cater for the 'Christmas rush'. Take care.
PS, couldn't get enough of your Safari photos and videos.
Yogi053 and all:

If you liked my safari pictures then you are all in for a treat! At least I think so. On Friday night, I will upload for the Saturday forum, my 23 minute video, African Safari Tanzania and Kenya 2021. I'll go into more detail with the release, but suffice it to say, the editing required 3 weeks of 8 hour days at this computer except for bathroom and meal breaks. Now a 23 minute video is not for everyone. I will caution, please take the time, get comfy, and a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy it full screen and sound. Sort of like Karlewski's videos. You know they will be 20 minutes, but a most enjoyable 20 minutes they will be.

Dale

Reactions: Yogi053

Dale
This is what happens when people rush to hit the buy it now button right when available,all they would of had to do was spend just a little
more time doing some digging to find out that the rest of the firmware upgrades would be Jan.22 2022.
Yes maybe a little rushed,but pressured to get the product out.
By the way this is a drone forum,no one wants to hear about a life history.

Maybe you should just speak for yourself and not everyone else...
Sorry if you are put off by my story, but CONTEXT is everything. Everyone's story is different, and I, for one, enjoy hearing the reasons why people make or do not make buying decisions. The decision to buy or not buy, are the reasons corporation pay millions for research of how to market their product. If you do not want to read peoples stories, you can easily click out of it, or by turning the channel. As mschaffer66 just said, speak for yourself.

Maybe you should just speak for yourself and not everyone else...
On the DJI website plain as day looking at the details while scrolling down the page it
says plain as day some functions will not be available until January.
Yes of course it should of been fully ready to go.But what newly released drone is.
My DJI drone needed firmware updates right away.
I should be able to speak my mind. without getting jumped on.
Spending this kind of money on a drone,taking a little time to do research before
hitting that buy it now button,to me anyway just seems to make more sense.

Yes of course it should of been fully ready to go.But what newly released drone is.
Not in the same league, I know, but my Mini was fully ready to go on purchase. As far as I can remember, there was nothing that was mentioned on the product page which wasn’t there from day one.

Not in the same league, I know, but my Mini was fully ready to go on purchase. As far as I can remember, there was nothing that was mentioned on the product page which wasn’t there from day one.
I think my mavic air 2 was ready to go when I purchased it,I waited until 4 months after release day in case there were any bugs
to be worked out.By the way how do you like you mini,I may switch to a mini drone before remote ID starts in 2023.
There are a few things on the Mavic 3 I would like,but that price,ouch.
In all honesty dJI should maybe have waited until January 2022 when all of the functions through firmware were available.
Have a good day.

On the DJI website plain as day looking at the details while scrolling down the page it
says plain as day some functions will not be available until January.
My DJI drone needed firmware updates right away.
I should be able to speak my mind. without getting jumped on.
Spending this kind of money on a drone,taking a little time to do research before
hitting that buy it now button,to me anyway just seems to make more sense.
It's absolutely not plain as day, they advertise the features with a small [10] which if you click will not take you to the footnote instead it opens a promotional video for the feature, you have scroll further down the page to find very small text warning the feature isn't available until January 2022.

It gets worse on the FAQ page where it lists the improvements and upgrades these features offer but no mention whatsoever that they are being implemented later.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect a third generation device to have the features its predecessors offered and I've still no idea what's going on with the panorama mode which is not just missing but there's no reference to it whatsoever. If DJI had launched the Mavic3 as an early bird version with the warning there's some features missing that are being implemented later, fair enough as people not bothered about those features can get the drone a bit earlier and the rest can wait for a proper launch. However the way they've done this is clearly deceptive when they have prominent advertising for the new features and then carefully hidden the fact the drone doesn't have them I can see why DJI have done it and there's certainly other companies had poor launches but I don't see that as a defence and puzzled why people here are so keen to defend such anti-consumer behaviour.

As I've mentioned before it's not in line with their previous drones, I bought both the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro at launch and aside from missing precision landing (which was a negative but a smaller one) both drones were fully functional at launch and did not need to wait for promised features to be implemented.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
It's absolutely not plain as day, they advertise the features with a small [10] which if you click will not take you to the footnote instead it opens a promotional video for the feature, you have scroll further down the page to find very small text warning the feature isn't available until January 2022.

It gets worse on the FAQ page where it lists the improvements and upgrades these features offer but no mention whatsoever that they are being implemented later.

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect a third generation device to have the features its predecessors offered and I've still no idea what's going on with the panorama mode which is not just missing but there's no reference to it whatsoever. If DJI had launched the Mavic3 as an early bird version with the warning there's some features missing that are being implemented later, fair enough as people not bothered about those features can get the drone a bit earlier and the rest can wait for a proper launch. However the way they've done this is clearly deceptive when they have prominent advertising for the new features and then carefully hidden the fact the drone doesn't have them I can see why DJI have done it and there's certainly other companies had poor launches but I don't see that as a defence and puzzled why people here are so keen to defend such anti-consumer behaviour.

As I've mentioned before it's not in line with their previous drones, I bought both the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro at launch and aside from missing precision landing (which was a negative but a smaller one) both drones were fully functional at launch and did not need to wait for promised features to be implemented.
Well at least they put something on the page about the update not being available until January
They could of done nothing period.
If people would do some research about the M3 before hitting the buy it now button,their would
be no whining.
Of course they should of had it fully ready to go ,especially at that price.
But thats not how it worked out
Wow come January they will have it fully functional.
DJI knows what they are doing,otherwise they would not own 70% of the market.
Too much complaining on here about this,settle down lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk