DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Might Return Mavic 3

I disagree, if you were not happy with your purchase - promised features or not - you should have returned it long ago. It was YOUR choice to keep the drone with all the known problems. Waiting until September which is almost a year after launch is just as bad as DJI dragging their feet on promised features. You would be retuning a used product and expecting a full refund. I don’t know of any other company or product you could do that with.

Chris
CostCo? 🤣

As a Mavic 3 owner, I feel the M3 is already the best consumer drone out there, despite the missing features, slow GPS and broken Airsense. I am finding the Tele lens incredibly useful, plus the long battery life and 5.1k main camera indispensable. I wouldn't part with the M3 unless DJI abandoned it for a M3S model. By the time Suren's September deadline comes, just about all of the features that we are looking for should be added and the problems fixed. In the meantime, I'm going to fly and enjoy my purchase.
It is a good drone. I said September because I don't really want to return but will if I don't get the missing features, it is just what I paid for so I expect it.

Reactions: Saladshooter
If you haven't noticed, M3's are readily available at $150 off the initial pricing, retailers calling it a "sale". I suspect they'll drift back into full price so they can call the reduction a sale. But perhaps such a quick sale indicated that the DJI bean counters over-shot a bit?
DJI has always offered temporary promotional discounts on new products some 6 months after release. $150 off for a few weeks on a $2200 drone is nothing. It's a 7% discount, less than the sales tax! It's now back to the regular price everywhere.

I'm not complacent at all.... show me another drone that can do everything the M3 does at the same price and I will gladly give it up.

You can continue flying your M2P, and wait for a M3S or Mavic 4. If you don't need what the M3 offers, and many probably don't, then there is no reason to become another beta tester. I'm paying the price for being on the bleeding edge and enjoying just about everything about the Mavic 3 except the slow GPS. The Tele camera allows me to get in tight video of the people/ subjects I am filming without having to get in their face with the drone. Nothing else I have owned comes close.
Hear, hear!

It is really a personal decision. For my use and needs, the M3 is far superior to the venerable M2P, which I still own, but haven't flown since the M3 January update. The additional 10 minutes of flight time alone is worth the upgrade to me. The M3 telephoto lens has as yet unexploited uses that I am still exploring for stitching higher resolution panos from a safe distance. Automating some of those, and opening up the telephoto camera to DNG and manual settings will be a welcome addition, but even in auto exposure and JPG only, it's still a game changer. One only needs to look at the $10,000 M30 to see what DJI can do with a 1/2 sensor with a telephoto lens. Good things to come. If it isn't your cup of tea, don't buy it.

You know this is the norm for ALL products and is absolutely the way of the world in all ways. We consumers are the beta testers and should have no expectations of things working as advertised.

I mean, I just look in my garage, kitchen, yard, work, office, and see a lot of products that fully work and contain ALL features mentioned on the box (as well as marketing material), but I figure that, hey, maybe it's just that I've been lucky.

I was just at the Costco and found some A/Cs on sale. I didn't see any "full temp and dehumidifying capabilities available soon via firmware updates" stickers. BUT HEY, if you take one of those babies home in a heat wave and it isn't exactly cooling as is promised on the box (or just inherent in the name of the device), just remember that we are ALL beta testers. And you should be TOTALLY okay with that. </satire>

Chris
Sorry Chris buddy - I initially missed your satire alert. But just for the sake of argument:

It's the complacency advocated by some which made us "beta testers." It's one thing to use a consumer's experience and feedback to improve a product which came to market and which performed substantially as advertised when introduced. It's quite another to intentionally put a product to market which from the very beginning, fails to deliver the expectations created by the manufacturer itself and which continues to not deliver.

That's not beta testing - that's bait and switch.

And its not about whether the M3 is the "best drone out there" or ". . . show me another drone that can do . . . ..

Instead, it is about not delivering what was promised/advertised even after a more than reasonable waiting period by more than reasonable people. Neither is it about "Well you have to consider how the Chinese mindset works". This is about the products DJI sells to the entire world which does not share the beta testing complacency factor some claim the Chinese consumer finds acceptable.

In this country, consumers vote with their feet which should be moving quickly when a product does not deliver what was explicitly promised. Apparently, the kiwis feel the same way. Good on ya mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suren
Why you bought drone, when it was not in final phase?

When you don't buy, DJI will make their best, to make drone final, when you buy in development phase, then DJI is lucky, that this sh* is selling good and do they best, to make another drone.

It's so easy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580