DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro DNG samples

Filmarik

Reactions
I wonder if someone would be kind enough to share a few DNG stills taken at f5.6 during good daylight. Landscapes with buildings and tree branches to evaluate the center and corner sharpness.
It could be done via Dropbox and PM.

Most of the YouTubers with M3 reviews offer downloadable DNGs either on their website or in the comments of their videos.

Also keep in mind there will be some sample variation with the lenses and some minor decentering is normal.

Here are some:

and some more:

Also, I see that DXO Pure Raw supports the M3, which is the best RAW converter out there. I think you will be quite surprised how good of a job it does, especially compared to Adobe or Topaz. It's worth the free trial if that sounds like something you might like.

Last edited:
Most of the YouTubers with M3 reviews offer downloadable DNGs either on their website or in the comments of their videos.

Also keep in mind there will be some sample variation with the lenses and some minor decentering is normal.

Here are some:

and some more:

Also, I see that DXO Pure Raw supports the M3, which is the best RAW converter out there. I think you will be quite surprised how good of a job it does, especially compared to Adobe or Topaz. It's worth the free trial if that sounds like something you might like.
Thanks, appreciated. I downloaded the sample photos from theTom's Tech Time. Played with them in LR Classic and they are not bad. The corners are quite soft(top left being the worst) which is not that surprising considering they were all shot at f2.8. That is why I'd love to see DNG samples shot at f5.6 if the corners get better and the sharpness evens out across the frame. Landscapes with houses or cityscapes, daytime. Not just top down views please. Anyone???

Last edited:
I have had my Mavic 3 Cine for two days now and I will likely have to return it. I own a Mini 3 Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and EVO II Pro Enterprise and the Mavic 3’s main camera is the worst. I have tried apertures from 2.8 to 5.6 and it does very little to even up the sharpness, makes the whole image softer but the corners still suffer. The best aperture I have found with most 2.8 drone cameras is either 3.2 or in the case of the EVO II 3.5. F4 is also good but highest contrast, micro contrast and edge sharpness comes from 3.5 or so. I did not want to because the smart controller for it is huge but I looks like I am taking the EVO II to Iceland next month, the image quality is in another league.

But for the M3, I have tried all kinds of angles, focus points, etc and the bad result is still the same. It’s a real drag.

Some on here claim the image quality is a bit better in terms of sharpness than the Mavic 2 Pro but in the case of my drone, not so much.

I could upload a few DNG files tomorrow and you can see for your self. Lots of Mavic 3’s out there with so-so to downright bad image quality. Stitching raw files from the telephoto lens is amazing, makes the drone amazingly versatile. But you have to have a good main camera too and it just seems like slim odds from what I can tell.

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to share a few DNG stills taken at f5.6 during good daylight. Landscapes with buildings and tree branches to evaluate the center and corner sharpness.
It could be done via Dropbox and PM.
I posted some here.
A few with each camera.

Reactions: danwnz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett