DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro VS iPhone 15 pro max

MrIpkiss

Reactions
The iPhone does not connect to the RC controller.
I have tried the USBC cable from DJi, from the iPhone, from the Apple XDR pro (which is the fastest USBC cable) and 4 others of my own, but all cables do not work. The RC controller does not connect to the mavic pro.
DJI acknowledges the problem and says they ares working on a solution. But is there someone who already found a cable solution?

It may not be a cable solution, but the iPhone 14 Pro Max on iOS 16 likely has no such problem! Is the problem limited to only the Pro Max version of the iPhone 15, or is it iOS 17 that is the real problem, therefore affecting all iPhone 15's?

The iPhone does not connect to the RC controller.
I have tried the USBC cable from DJi, from the iPhone, from the Apple XDR pro (which is the fastest USBC cable) and 4 others of my own, but all cables do not work. The RC controller does not connect to the mavic pro.
DJI acknowledges the problem and says they ares working on a solution. But is there someone who already found a cable solution?
My iPhone 14 Pro max fits

I have the original Mavic 3, a newer RC Pro controller from earlier this year, and a brand-new iPhone 15 Pro Max and can't get anything to work. So long as I'm in my house and start everything up, it says it's ready to fly but when I leave my home wifi it says it's not because I don't have FAA clearance (I do). Not sure what the weak link is; I even tried the original controller but nothing worked.

I have the original Mavic 3, a newer RC Pro controller from earlier this year, and a brand-new iPhone 15 Pro Max and can't get anything to work. So long as I'm in my house and start everything up, it says it's ready to fly but when I leave my home wifi it says it's not because I don't have FAA clearance (I do). Not sure what the weak link is; I even tried the original controller but nothing worked.
I'm confused by your dilemma. I have the same set up- e.g.: Mavic 3, RC Pro controller. I do not need a phone to see the image, which is on my RC Pro controller.

I was considering getting the Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max to replace my iPhone 14 pro max which I use for my mini 2 and regular controller(no screen). I did look at the new phone but see no benefit at all from buying one- same 48 MP. Only difference is an intermediate zoom camera.

Where am I losing you?

Dale

Reactions: lorpal
I'm confused by your dilemma. I have the same set up- e.g.: Mavic 3, RC Pro controller. I do not need a phone to see the image, which is on my RC Pro controller.

I was considering getting the Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max to replace my iPhone 14 pro max which I use for my mini 2 and regular controller(no screen). I did look at the new phone but see no benefit at all from buying one- same 48 MP. Only difference is an intermediate zoom camera.

Where am I losing you?

Dale
I'm not OP but having a similar issue with my 15PM. I think there may be an issue as the 15P are able to charge other devices through USB-C. So for me, my phone is charging the RC, as opposed to just connecting to it over data. Using all the cables that I had previously been using perfectly with my iPhone 12 for the past few years. My guess is we'll need a DJI app update to be able to tell the phone to not charge the RC.

I’m using my 15p for the screen for my mini 2 and have not had charge my controller
I'm not OP but having a similar issue with my 15PM. I think there may be an issue as the 15P are able to charge other devices through USB-C. So for me, my phone is charging the RC, as opposed to just connecting to it over data. Using all the cables that I had previously been using perfectly with my iPhone 12 for the past few years. My guess is we'll need a DJI app update to be able to tell the phone to not charge the RC.

Where am I losing you?

Dale
Dale, I don't know. Part of the problem is the fact that nothing I've done so far allows me to update the M3's firmware; I'm getting a continual "server error; try back soon" message. It's probably just one broken link somewhere, but I don't know what it is. Has someone gotten their M3 and RC Pro working with an iPhone 15 Pro Max yet?

The 15PM replaces the 3x camera on the 14PM with a 5x camera for better telephoto reach, and the digital zoom then increases from 15x to 25x, along with a better processor and USB-C instead of Lightning for charging, and the USB-C port can now be used for ProRes output for video.

You using your phone as a hotspot when outside?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13