DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 sample DNGs shot at f/5.6 and f/8

Shutter speed considerations in low light. Hyperfocal distance on the platform is like 50 feet, and lens sharpness is so close to the stopped down performance that it's really just a question of using the aperture necessary to get the shutter/ISO you want for the shot. I don't really pay attention to what my aperture is even set to in flight.
Got it. Thanks. So leaving it all on auto would work. On another topic, do you know of anyone printing images. I have little interest in video and a lot in stills

Got it. Thanks. So leaving it all on auto would work. On another topic, do you know of anyone printing images. I have little interest in video and a lot in stills
Yeah, I definitely think aperture can be set to auto for most shots.

What do you mean by printing? I’m primarily shooting stills myself.

Yeah, I definitely think aperture can be set to auto for most shots.

What do you mean by printing? I’m primarily shooting stills myself.
Printing as in ink on paper, I am probably just showing my age but that is always my end goal in photo editing, whether I print or not.

Printing as in ink on paper, I am probably just showing my age but that is always my end goal in photo editing, whether I print or not.
Oh, no, I get that - I guess I meant did you have a specific question about it? Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the vendors available in Aus, but in the US, most places can do a pretty good job, especially for the print sizes possible from a drone file.

Sorry, I didn’t explain myself well. I have done my own printing for many years, and am interested in any experience that other users may have had. It’s probably a silly question as it is so subjective. Things like sharpening in post, etc. As an example, I find that images from Olympus 43 cameras need very little compared to Nikon files. I guess that would be a step too far for a drone forum.

Sorry, I didn’t explain myself well. I have done my own printing for many years, and am interested in any experience that other users may have had. It’s probably a silly question as it is so subjective. Things like sharpening in post, etc. As an example, I find that images from Olympus 43 cameras need very little compared to Nikon files. I guess that would be a step too far for a drone forum.
No problem, I understand now. My printing workflow isn’t significantly different from my digital export workflow. I check against the print profile when proofing, but otherwise don’t change much with regards to sharpening. I’ve really tried to build a versatile default profile in Lightroom that gets the file most of the way regarding sharpening and NR - just makes it easy when editing a large shoot.

Attachments

• Saal-Digital1.jpeg
    Saal-Digital1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Saal-Digital2.jpeg
    Saal-Digital2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
No problem, I understand now. My printing workflow isn’t significantly different from my digital export workflow. I check against the print profile when proofing, but otherwise don’t change much with regards to sharpening. I’ve really tried to build a versatile default profile in Lightroom that gets the file most of the way regarding sharpening and NR - just makes it easy when editing a large shoot.
Many thanks. That is what I was hoping. Now all I need is a decent image or two to work on.

Hi everyone,

I have a hard time finding DNG RAW files from the DJI Mavic 3 main camera, shot at f/5.6 and f/8. Could I ask you to share some? I'd use them to assess corner sharpness.

thanks, geb​
I posted similar request and received nothing. There must be many owners by now and noone shoots stills at f5.6??

I now have some at 5.6 that I am happy to share. I am shooting at auto everything so it’s a bit of a lottery. Ping me if you want some.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots