DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Third Firmware update?

The only problem with returning the drone is; you could easily end up with someone else's returned drone with possible other intermittent problems.

DJI is know for re-cycling bad equipment so move carefully!

Mike
I hope that's not true.

The only problem with returning the drone is; you could easily end up with someone else's returned drone with possible other intermittent problems.

Mike
Where did you hear that, I’ve never heard of dji re-cycling “Bad equipment” you may get a refurb “as new” but thats about it. And this is wide practice with all tech companies. Maybe you can point us to an example of when or who this happened to. Its not something Id be concerned about because I think that could be just a myth.

Just sold my I2 last summer, too much work to haul around and set up. Ya the Evolve 2 might be a factor wait and see. The Inspire is too big, having had it three years I’m no longer in the market for a drone in that size range.
What, Nah the Inspire 2 isn't that big & cumbersome... fits in 1 case. The Evolve 2 is smaller... it appears. The Sony Airpeak would be larger, and multipe cases but equiped with Gremsy Gimbal and FullFrame Sony Bodies able to carry & balance longer lenses.

Size is relative to desired payload and needs. The Airpeak is much smaller than a M600Pro or Alta 8... and it's a new modern platform.

Although I was a bit surprised to hear the Airpeak with it's dual batteries is only able fly up to 10 minutes... less with bigger lenses.

As you’ve pointed out, the M3 lacks in payload & longer lenses desired.
Currently best option for you would be an Inspire 2... maybe Evolve 2.

(Little Humor blended in...)

Mike
That is complete hogwash! Replacement drones for new defective drones are always brand new, and every refurb replacement from DJI for crashed aircraft over the last 6 years has been brand new, after paying a "repair" invoice. They no longer repair drones. They replace them with new ones.

Reactions: calmar81
That is complete hogwash! Replacement drones for new defective drones are always brand new, and every refurb replacement from DJI for crashed aircraft over the last 6 years has been brand new, after paying a "repair" invoice. They no longer repair drones. They replace them with new ones.
Thank you for the clarification. I also wanted to clarify because I have also had this experience myself.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank you for the clarification. I also wanted to clarify because I have also had this experience myself.
The only "risk" is that the original wasn't defective, and you'll get a brand new one just like the one you sent in, with the same .problem," because it is a firmware bug that hasn't been fixed yet, or it is an issue/feature/change in function with all the new drones, and the ignorant rep who told you to send it in to be "fixed" just wasted your time. It needs to be pretty egregious before I go through that hassle, especially where it is a common problem, and it is likely to get fixed with a future FW update, like the GNSS issues.

Another consideration on exchange... Doesn’t apply to the Macic 3 yet. Older platforms: Air2S, etc.. if you've applied a DroneHack, etc you may want to repair vs sending in... may loose hack.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Another consideration on exchange... Doesn’t apply to the Macic 3 yet. Older platforms: Air2S, etc.. if you've applied a DroneHack, etc you may want to repair vs sending in... may loose hack.
Indeed. I held onto a multiply crashed original FW Mavic 2 Pro that still had self-authorizing Blue Zones for almost a year, until it kept flipping over on take-off, destroying gimbals, just before Refresh was going to run out. Sad to see it go! New one DJI replaced it with was locked down tighter than a drum, with mandatory unlocks required, and a new FlySafe map update that added a Blue Zone bow tie border through my living room! Can't launch anything from the roof deck anymore, without DJI's permission! Even DroneHack can't fix that without a motherboard replacement!

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Indeed. I held onto a multiply crashed original FW Mavic 2 Pro that still had self-authorizing Blue Zones for almost a year, until it kept flipping over on take-off, destroying gimbals, just before Refresh was going to run out. Sad to see it go! New one DJI replaced it with was locked down tighter than a drum, with mandatory unlocks required, and a new FlySafe map update that added a Blue Zone bow tie border through my living room! Can't launch anything from the roof deck anymore, without DJI's permission! Even DroneHack can't fix that without a motherboard replacement!
If it’s still a functional craft… as an option, NLD does sell a ”rooted” mainboard that can use any version of FW. My M2P is NLD Hack at the last useable hack FW version. I have a NLD mainboard, purchased and holding for now... was a pricey option. With the Air2S, M3 all being Fly App limited… I’m still pondering a backup M2P.

I’ll assess that once the M3 SDK is released and 3rd Party has waypoint capabilities and it’s improved Ocusync transmission. Some of the construction flights when the craft goes on far side of 4+ floor height structure can break communication… the Inspire 2 and M2P continue flight uninterrupted, the Air2S stops & returns.

If it’s still a functional craft… as an option, NLD does sell a ”rooted” mainboard that can use any version of FW. My M2P is NLD Hack at the last useable hack FW version. I have a NLD mainboard, purchased and holding for now... was a pricey option. With the Air2S, M3 all being Fly App limited… I’m still pondering a backup M2P.

I’ll assess that once the M3 SDK is released and 3rd Party has waypoint capabilities and it’s improved Ocusync transmission. Some of the construction flights when the craft goes on far side of 4+ floor height structure can break communication… the Inspire 2 and M2P continue flight uninterrupted, the Air2S stops & returns.
Exactly. I still regretted having to replace it, as once in the air, it was unleashed! I recently learned the Blue Zones can be unlocked by airport, without needing to define the Blue Zone unlock area with a polygon or circle. That's all I needed to enjoy the M3! If the SDK doesn't permit uploading the complete mission before it begins, LSMC can't take place, as every leg is uploaded serially during the mission, and any lost signal prevents uploading the next leg! It's one way of preventing completely autonomous flight!

Heya guys, I was wondering if there are an official word when we will see the third firmware update for the M3? Hoping its pretty soon, thanks in advance.
Maybe a hint in this message received from DJI Support on March 2. The message was in response to my inquiry about a fix for the slow GPS lock issue.
"We are truly sorry about the received GPS signal issue, our relevant team is working hard to resolve this issue by updating the firmware. unfortunately, we do not have a specific date of the update time. But we believe it won't be long, please don't worry. As soon as we update it, we will publish it on the official website, please pay attention to the Release Notes of the following website.
DJI Mavic 3 - Download Center - DJI

Please accept our sincere apology again. Your understanding and support mean a lot to us. Really appreciate your support to DJI.

Have a good day and night."

I'm hoping the "resolve" and "it won't be long" parts prove to be correct. So, I'm "not worrying" too much--for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J