DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Third Firmware update?

redserv

Reactions
Heya guys, I was wondering if there are an official word when we will see the third firmware update for the M3? Hoping its pretty soon, thanks in advance.

has DJI announced another update? What have they announced that they would "fix" that hasn't been fixed by the last update? I know they have said, flat out, that waypoints were not planned so I don't know what you may be expecting. I may just be out of the loop so clue me in.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
has DJI announced another update? What have they announced that they would "fix" that hasn't been fixed by the last update? I know they have said, flat out, that waypoints were not planned so I don't know what you may be expecting. I may just be out of the loop so clue me in
Please read my post. It was a question.

has DJI announced another update? What have they announced that they would "fix" that hasn't been fixed by the last update? I know they have said, flat out, that waypoints were not planned so I don't know what you may be expecting. I may just be out of the loop so clue me in.

DJI hasn't announced anything yet. But here is a bucket list of things I wish they would fix/add for the next update:

- fix slow satellite acquisition;
- add RAW support for telephoto camera;
- add manual exposure control for telephoto camera;
- add a new lens profile in DNG files captured by the ultra-wide lens.
- add "tripod mode".

DJI hasn't announced anything yet. But here is a bucket list of things I wish they would fix/add for the next update:

- add "tripod mode".
Add Raw support for the explore camera?

Reactions: muabg and ssvdh66

- add "tripod mode".
Thank you.

Well there are updates very often in DJI drones, what I think the OP (and I) would like to know is if there's already any expected date or any information about the next update.
I thought that was clear. Thank you

Just odd that you would want Raw from a crappy $20 sensor is all. DJI made it clear that sensor is not meant for anything usable other then exploring the surrounding area for neat spots to fly to. I pretty much ignore the fact it’s even there

Unfortunately we can't buy the drone without that sensor so it's not really odd isn't it??

Just odd that you would want Raw from a crappy $20 sensor is all. DJI made it clear that sensor is not meant for anything usable other then exploring the surrounding area for neat spots to fly to. I pretty much ignore the fact it’s even there.

Here are some images I shot with that "crappy sensor". Please take a look, and decide yourself, are these images only good for "exploration" purpose?

I don't judge the quality of the sensor by price, or by some company propaganda. A sensor is a just a means to an end. To me, it is "good enough" to unleash my creative potential. If DJI add RAW support in the next update, that would make it even better.

- add "tripod mode".
Thanks for that list... I would LOVE those updates as well. *fingers crossed*

Here are some images I shot with that "crappy sensor". Please take a look, and decide yourself, are these images only good for "exploration" purpose?

I don't judge the quality of the sensor by price, or by some company propaganda. A sensor is a just a means to an end. To me, it is "good enough" to unleash my creative potential. If DJI add RAW support in the next update, that would make it even better.
I had a look, good composition, but even looking just on my iPad mini I see a lot of noise in all but one. If I look at them on a bigger screen they will look even worse, if I look at them on my cell phone they will look much better. But ya really liked the framing you chose. They look fine if your just showing them off on social media, but your fellow pilots will be more critical. Cheers.

- add "tripod mode".
waypoints

I had a look, good composition, but even looking just on my iPad mini I see a lot of noise in all but one. If I look at them on a bigger screen they will look even worse, if I look at them on my cell phone they will look much better. But ya really liked the framing you chose. They look fine if your just showing them off on social media, but your fellow pilots will be more critical. Cheers.
Those images look perfectly fine,and now even better since last firmware update.Dont know what you are really expecting out of the zoom camera.

The images I shared online have limited resolution. They are meant to look good only on the smaller screen, for license protection purpose.

Some of these images have passed through the review process by Getty Images editor, and made available for commercial licensing. The fact I could sell them means they are much more useful than "exploration purpose only".

The thing that gets me with people nowadays. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the Mavic 3 with all its faults. is it a perfect drone? no it aint. If you not satisfied with the product then your free to sell it. if you decide you want to keep it then dont complain. This is not just limited to drones. We buy many things in life that companies promise the world to us and they never deliver. so whats new, get over it people. We all have choices to make in life, this is no different.

The images I shared online have limited resolution. They are meant to look good only on the smaller screen, for license protection purpose.

Some of these images have passed through the review process by Getty Images editor, and made available for commercial licensing. The fact I could sell them means they are much more useful than "exploration purpose only".

A question for canadian drone vidios,do you have the M3 and if so why do you have it and did or did not return it.All you had to do was return it if the zoom camera was (crap) as you say it is.If you do have the M3 still then it can't be that bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming