DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 lost

Sorry for your loss. **** happens.... Hope you'll find it back.
Still scary to know that an SC can crash during RTH.

Sorry for your loss. **** happens.... Hope you'll find it back.
Still scary to know that an SC can crash during RTH.
But that wasn't the cause of the problem, and didn't actually change the outcome. The OP launched with just 42% battery and ignored all the low battery warnings. The aircraft didn't have enough battery to return home anyway, whether or not the SC crashed, and would have landed where it did either way.

oef, comforting information, thx

That you guys can pinpoint it to the appropriate tree that it landed in is awesome. Good work! His next problem is finding it in the tree. I assisted in a similar search and the only way we located the drone was the sound and slight movement of the props. If the battery is dead, that’s not an option. Best wishes!

Reactions: Auminer
That you guys can pinpoint it to the appropriate tree that it landed in is awesome. Good work! His next problem is finding it in the tree. I assisted in a similar search and the only way we located the drone was the sound and slight movement of the props. If the battery is dead, that’s not an option. Best wishes!
Thanks, but actually there was very little skill involved there. My original estimate was based on the log data, extrapolated to determine the auto land location. But I overlooked that the SC subsequently reconnected and the OP therefore had what is likely to be a fairly accurate GPS location for where the aircraft ended up, especially since it is very close to the predicted track. All that was left to do was plot that location on Google Earth.

Reactions: Pietros
Thanks, but actually there was very little skill involved there. My original estimate was based on the log data, extrapolated to determine the auto land location. But I overlooked that the SC subsequently reconnected and the OP therefore had what is likely to be a fairly accurate GPS location for where the aircraft ended up, especially since it is very close to the predicted track. All that was left to do was plot that location on Google Earth.
I wonder if he found it?

Unfortunately not yet. Can someone please tell me, what the last posted elevation of the unit was? If it shows it was at ground level last, then I know to look low, however if it last says for 10 seconds before it died it was 30-40 ft. off the ground, then I know I should be looking in the trees...

Unfortunately not yet. Can someone please tell me, what the last posted elevation of the unit was? If it shows it was at ground level last, then I know to look low, however if it last says for 10 seconds before it died it was 30-40 ft. off the ground, then I know I should be looking in the trees...
Unfortunately the final location came from the find my drone function, not the logs, and that doesn't include height. The final height in the log is not useful, since it was still flying at that point.

... to the flyaway
Now I don't follow you at all ... how can going too low on battery & return way to late making the craft hit the lowbattery auto landing threshold ... be a flyaway?

According to the log you had 30sec until the autolanding should kick in after your SC crashed ... your MA2 didn't flyaway at all, you drained the battery way to low & your craft didn't make it home.

I was asking them to honour my care refresh coverage as I had just got a brand new replacement unit via care refresh a few months prior to the flyaway
As pointed out by @slup - this was not a flyaway. It was entirely pilot error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake