DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 recommended antenna/signal boost mods

Yagis do work. They do so by concentrating the signal to one direction rather than spreading out in a wide or omnidirectional pattern.

Reactions: AZDave
Following.

I believe the Alientech is the only amplified option at the moment for the MA2

You could also try the cheaper passive Yagi antenna option, that doesn’t require the controller modification.
I have these for my MA2 and it does work but realistically, if you are in an interference rich environment, you only get a marginal improvement. I am in N Phoenix and there are no tall buildings and my neighborhood is pretty flat but I can only go about 3/4 of a mile with the booster and about 1/2 mile without. If I stood on my roof it would do better but LOS becomes an issue so it's a moot point.

Hello I live in dense populated city lots of interference..

My MA2 gets about 2000 M before significant signal loss...

Looking to mod a second controller that just arrived..

Was looking at the new alientech boosted 2.4//5.8 ghz... seems expensive

was reading around and saw some other stuff I am not familiar with

Due to terrain, LOS is an issue.... hills//buildings etc...

i apologize if this is a topic elsewhere i spent a few hours reading before posting this
looking for your recommendation on signal boosters//antenna mods

I am good with a soldering gun and not afraid to open up my hardware

thanks for your time much love
Check out the hardware upgrade from NoLimitDronez. I'm considering it for my M2P.

I like that one but there was another option that I like even more.
There is a board that amplified the radio and another one for the drone so you can amplify in both directions. I will try to find the info.

I like that one but there was another option that I like even more.
There is a board that amplified the radio and another one for the drone so you can amplify in both directions. I will try to find the info.

I have an Mini 2. Made the mod to the controller for the Alientech antenna and it was easy. Just be patient seperating the two halves.

I havent purchased the antenna ye as i am testing different sunhans boosters...the 2.4 ghz, 5.8 and just ordered the dual band. I have been going back and forth with sunhans as i have had terrible results.

First i used a pair of 2.4 ghz and antennas. I kept getting "rc interference messages on the fly app. Distance was crap and connectivity kept dropping. The latest from Sunhans is they reached out to DJI and DJI said to only boost the left antenna as it does rx and tx and the right antenna only rx. Havent tried it yet as weather has sucked but will post results when i do.

The product that boosts bothe the controller and quad is from convertdrones.com. They are the only US company that is offering it.

They are a terrific company ro work with...and i am in no way connected ro them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Has anyone tried the yagi-UDA signal booster from amazing yet? It’s only $12.99, I’m mildly skeptical.
I have. From Drone Valley. The Yagi is for 5.8 only. The parabolic is for 2.4. I don’t have hard numbers but the yagi does appear to help. Make sure you are in 5.8 only mode and be sure they are pointing directly at the drone. I tried the parabolic in conjunction but didn’t t see improvement. 2.4 is really noisy where I am so I’ve been flying in 5.8.

Reactions: AZDave
I just purchased the Sunhans dual band amo and connected it to the left antenna only. Used 2 Alpha dual band antennas. I got much better range and video feed. Going to try to boost both antennas as soon as I get the second amp

Reactions: sharkctx
I just purchased the Sunhans dual band amo and connected it to the left antenna only. Used 2 Alpha dual band antennas. I got much better range and video feed. Going to try to boost both antennas as soon as I get the second amp
Hi, how you describe better range? You tested in city environment? Regards

Hi, how you describe better range? You tested in city environment? Regards
No. Tested in a densely populated suburb with power lines about 150 feet from my house. I got a much more stable signal, smoth video and much better distance...about twice as much.

I tried everything. Both 2.4 and 5.8 yagi andtennas, with a reflector. Tried the 2.4 ghz boosters with 10 dbo directional antennas but the frequency is just too crowded and the video kept breaking up. Would probably work well in isolated areas.

I look at it this way. If the dual band amps with dual band directional antennas like the Alphas dont work for you then neither is the alientech is not gonna do much better. And u will only be out about $250 bucks and not $700 with install.

The best solotuon would be to boost both the drone and the controller. I was going to do that untill i saw the video on how they take apart rhe drone. Scared the crap out of me. But if they figure out a better way to do it I will likely try it cause the main issue is the video feed and telemetry coming back from the drone.

Good luck

Hi! I know this post is old but I have a question about the alientech antennas. Since the signal booster is a bit more than I'm willing to spend: Has anyone tried to just install the modified antennas without the booster? Does that make sense or can't I expect to extend the range of my drone significantly without the booster?
Thanks in advance, regards

Hi! I know this post is old but I have a question about the alientech antennas. Since the signal booster is a bit more than I'm willing to spend: Has anyone tried to just install the modified antennas without the booster? Does that make sense or can't I expect to extend the range of my drone significantly without the booster?
Thanks in advance, regards
The booster provides the signal amplification necessary to truly improve the range. The modified antenna only concentrates the signal, which helps moderately. I wouldn't do one without the other. Not worth the trouble.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929