DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air batteries loose battery once fully charged and on charging base

harrygold

Reactions
My 3 smart batteries for DJI mavic air 1 charge full but then the charging base stops, and they slowly run out of battery, after about a day they are down to 50%. Anyway to make it so they charge once losing battery? Like when it gets down to 90, it starts charging again?

Hi Harry, I think I read somewhere that the batteries will go down to 96% after a day or so and will keep going down after 5 days to something like 50/60%. I don't think the charger will keep sensing the charge of the battery once the charge is completed, hence, you will have to unplug and plug again for the charger to sense how much juice you have. As a newbie I might be wrong so maybe someone with more experience may enlighten both of us. ;)

Reactions: lannes
My 3 smart batteries for DJI mavic air 1 charge full but then the charging base stops, and they slowly run out of battery, after about a day they are down to 50%. Anyway to make it so they charge once losing battery? Like when it gets down to 90, it starts charging again?
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

the charger stops after batteries are fully charged. It will not spontaneously resume.

Normal behavior..., learn more here. The full 60 page, online only, DJI manual for your drone.

Hi Harry, I think I read somewhere that the batteries will go down to 96% after a day or so and will keep going down after 5 days to something like 50/60%. I don't think the charger will keep sensing the charge of the battery once the charge is completed, hence, you will have to unplug and plug again for the charger to sense how much juice you have. As a newbie I might be wrong so maybe someone with more experience may enlighten both of us. ;)
Ah thanks, makes sense, probably so it doesn’t overcharge

My 3 smart batteries for DJI mavic air 1 charge full but then the charging base stops, and they slowly run out of battery, after about a day they are down to 50%...
The Mavic Air (1) batteries will self discharge after 10 days to around 60% if left alone without pushing the button to check them ... if button is used the 10 day counter will restart.

If your batteries is down to 50% after a full charge already after a day something is severely wrong with them & they aren't safe to fly with ... & your idea to keep them going between 90-100% over an extended period will damage them pretty fast, LiPo's should be kept between 40-60% as a benchmark for storage & only be above that no longer than a couple days, this to avoid swelling & degradation, (so the 10 days self discharge is actually to long).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa