DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air battery mod

h1s0k4

Reactions
Hi there , it's me from Vietnam .

I read the thread " Mavic pro battery mod " for hours but can not find any thread about Mavic Air battery mod . I have a Mavic air because it's very compact and suit for me when I have to travel with my camera gears .
I only found this : DJI Mavic Air Battery Adapter
It is crazily expensive for me . Another thing , I have tu buy 2 LiPo batteries , and a LiPo charger , blah blah blah .
And I read about using LiPo is not totally suitable bacause Mavic battery is LiHv which is a little bit higher voltage and basically the Mavic battery will lose some energy to charge the LiPo for nothing .
And the most important , I can't find any LiHv bat in my area , my gosh ! I think , that must be an easier way .
Why not use the main Mavic Air battery ? I have 4 ! And I don't have to buy any charger .
Then I took a look carefully to some pages of the old topic . I found that the pin 3 and 4 are only one , the same with pin 7 & 8 . Like the adapter sold by Maxx UAV . Then I can make it myself .

I think I can connect directly the second battery to the drone through this way as long as I can make a wire or something connect to pin 3&4 and 7&8 of the battery . I thought I should connect both the pins because I'm afraid of losing energy or something . It made my adapter not easily fall out by the way .
29843147308_4a9f508463_b.jpg

So , 2 batteries can connect to one drone like this ( I stick a small piece of fomex incase I want to push the under battery button but my finger can't reach it ) 2 batteries can be mounted with tape or velcro ( I used a tape , I think I will find another way later ) It looked really simple without long wires I saw with different LiPo or LiHV batteries .
And my Mavic Air was ready to fly .
29843138678_6a3709ffdf_b.jpg

I tested it for 1st flight with 2 batteries fully charged . It was almost 23 minutes ( 7-8 minutes bonus compare to my normal flight ) I flew around for 6,8km at the height of 200 meters . For me it was so satisfied . I hovered at some place to take photos and created a sphere panorama . It force landed at 10% .

29843154888_ee28eb6b6f_b.jpg
29843155168_66148f5781_b.jpg
29843155458_3004ed8d62_b.jpg

So , I think everyone can do the same with another Flycam like Mavic Pro or Spark . Use truly dual batties for one flight parallel . It may not double extend the fly time but 1,5 time or more is more than just good . Moreover , you don't have to buy any LiPo or LiHv batteries but another same battery you have . One charger for all . If you have Fly more combo , just make an adapter like me . It's god **** cheap !

If you have any question please comment . Thank you for spend your time reading this . Happy flying !

P/S: Forgive me for any grammar or spelling mistake :)

Last edited:
Cool mod! The only thing I don't like is it covers the downward sensors.

Cool mod! The only thing I don't like is it covers the downward sensors.
No it didn't . The downward sensor worked just fine :) I landed probably normal .

No it didn't . The downward sensor worked just fine :) I landed probably normal .
Excellent! Looked like the extra depth would have cause some clipping of the sensors, Fly safe!

Hi there , it's me from Vietnam .

I read the thread " Mavic pro battery mod " for hours but can not find any threat about Mavic Air battery mod . I have a Mavic air because it's very compact and suit for me when I have to travel with mà camera gears .
I only found this : DJI Mavic Air Battery Adapter
It is crazily expensive for me . Another thing , I have tu buy 2 LiPo batteries , and a LiPo charger , blah blah blah .
And I read about using LiPo is not totally suitable bacause Mavic battery is LiHv which is a little bit higher voltage and basically the Mavic battery will lose some energy to charge the LiPo for nothing .
And the most important , I can't find any LiHv bat in my area , my gosh ! I think , that must be an easier way .
Why not use the main Mavic Air battery ? I have 4 ! And I don't have to buy any charger . Yes , that's the way !
Then I took a look carefully to some pages of the old topic . I found that the pin 3 and 4 are only one , the same with pin 7 & 8 . Like the adapter sold by Maxx UAV . Then I can make it myself .

41904945330_5484ac549e_b.jpg

I think I can connect directly the second battery to the drone through this way as long as I can make a wire or something connect to pin 3&4 and 7&8 of the battery . So I made this :

41904946250_8470001871_b.jpg

41904947210_e81d47b8ee_b.jpg

I thought I should connect both the pins because I'm afraid of losing energy or something . It made my adapter not easily fall out by the way .

So , 2 batteries can connect to one drone like this ( I stick a small piece of fomex incase I want to push the under battery button but my finger can't reach it )

41904948540_969c7b8106_b.jpg

So 2 batteries can be mounted like this ( I used a tape , I think I will find another way later )

29843147308_4a9f508463_b.jpg

It looked really simple without long wire I saw with different LiPo batteries .
And my Mavic Air was ready to fly .
29843138678_6a3709ffdf_b.jpg

I tested it for 1st flight with 2 batteries fully charged . It was almost 23 minutes ( 7-8 minutes bonus compare to my normal flight ) I flew around for 6,8km at the height of 200 meters . For me it was so satisfied . I hovered at some place to take photos and creat a sphere panorama . It forrce landed at 10% .

29843154888_ee28eb6b6f_b.jpg
29843155168_66148f5781_b.jpg
29843155458_3004ed8d62_b.jpg

So , I think anyone can do the same with another Flycam . Use truly dual batties for one flight . It may not double extend the fly time but 1,5 time or more is more than just good . Moreover , you don't have to buy any LiPo or LiHv batteries but another same battery you have . One charger for all . If you have Fly more combo , just make an adapter like me . It's god **** cheap !

If you have any question please comment . Thank you for spend your time reading this . Happy flying !

P/S: Forgive me for any grammar or spelling mistake :)
Great work!!

43124186524_ff40b493c1_o.png

Today I challenged the ability of my Mavic Air by go through the sea to know how far exactly the drone can fly ( I used the simple parabol range booster and dual battery as my mod )
With no building or high stuff , totally clear . The Mavic Air can go almost 5 kilometers ( I'm sure it can , even further but I was flying with moded battery so it was totally a big risk if I go a little bit futher ) .
When I came back to the home point it still more than 20% battery left and the fly distance when I landed was almost 11 kilometers . I thought , I should fly a little bit futher .
That's all , dual battery still works very well , parabol signal booster is good also . Maybe someday when I find a large field I will try a futher range .

I think I can connect directly the second battery to the drone through this way as long as I can make a wire or something connect to pin 3&4 and 7&8 of the battery . I thought I should connect both the pins because I'm afraid of losing energy or something . It made my adapter not easily fall out by the way .
Is the 3&4 pin "Possitive" and the 7&8 pin "Negative"?

Thanks

Yeah , you can say #&4 is " + " and 7&8 is " - "

Reactions: mlash
Yeah , you can say #&4 is " + " and 7&8 is " - "
Are you sure 3&4 is "+" ( I start counting from the left side of the bird when it is turned on it's back)? I only ask because I turned the bird on with the adapter installed and - all was well - I plugged the 3s 1000mah lipo in and "POP" the bird turned off. I'm sure there are no shorts in the adapter so! I have built adapter before (for the Mavic Pro).

By the way the bird is fine! It didn't kill the bird!
Any Ideal what the problem might be.

Is this the positive side or the or is it the other? Thanks for the help
Possitive Side.PNG

Reactions: Kawamaki
43066804915_85d6b927bb_b.jpg

Sorry I've just checked out with my digital multimeter , pin 3&4 must be " - " and 7&8 is " + " . The battery face down and made me confused .

Reactions: orca.skynet
Hi guys

Can anybody recommend to me what type of batteries I should buy for MA battery mod?

I bought a adaptor from UAVMods but having tracked down information about what I should buy, I'm still non the wiser!

The information I have is I should buy
Lipo or Lihv
Between 1000mh - 3000mh maximum
3s, 30c
11.1 voltage

I've seen other posts saying the they use 60c and 4s???

Do I have many options with the MA?
I don't know anything about battery brands or which is decent or voltage, I'm a complete newbie!
(Don't ask how I even bought a battery mod device)

Thanks for the help!

You must know that 3S = 3 cells =3,3,7=11,1V and 4S = 4 cells = 4x3,7=14,8V They are totally different.
About the kind of battery, you can search for Hobbyking LiHv.

Reactions: PremierKid
You must know that 3S = 3 cells =3,3,7=11,1V and 4S = 4 cells = 4x3,7=14,8V They are totally different.
About the kind of battery, you can search for Hobbyking LiHv.

Thanks Alot, obviously I do get the power difference, however the main bit I don't understand is others have quoted 60c and 4s batteries that they have been using on a Mavic Air!!
So obviously I'm skeptical on buying something I understand little about, especially since this is my first drone, however I'm intrigued in the idea my MA can go further than it already had, now that I have installed a 4hawks raptor SR.

Thanks again, I'll go check out Hobbyking!

Hi thanks for sharing. I did the same with my mavic air, I used it with 1200 mha 3s battery but the result didn't change. I also received a motor current error. Did that give you a warning?

Hi thanks for sharing. I did the same with my mavic air, I used it with 1200 mha 3s battery but the result didn't change. I also received a motor current error. Did that give you a warning?
Using a 1200mah would show much results needs to be 3000mah yes you with get motor warnings when using external battery

I friend of mine got the mavic battery adaptor clip from Uavmods he is getting over 30mins flight time and a range of over 6 miles battery used 3000mah

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada