DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crash - never forget to unfold the antennas...

Nice video before it starts hitting the limbs & it was pretty cool that you didn't let the viewer know beforehand that the bird did an amazing recovery. What is the song?
Thanks!
Music: Sorry
Artist: Comfort Fit
Album: Forget and Remember

I forgot to unfold my antennas the other night.. flew out 1.5 miles and got some errors, but no loss of signal.... wanted to see if I could hit 2 miles. Got a little spooked, and came home. Upon landing I noticed they were folded up. I should put that on my checklist.

I forgot to unfold my antennas the other night.. flew out 1.5 miles and got some errors, but no loss of signal.... wanted to see if I could hit 2 miles. Got a little spooked, and came home. Upon landing I noticed they were folded up. I should put that on my checklist.
Sounds like a new category in the Range thread - how far can you go with folded antennas!

So pretty much it fought its way until it found a clearing that is just simply amazing... the recoveries was on point!

Finally got to see the video... my internet sucks out in the country. Amazing!, these lil things are tough!

I was wondering about this. I think this is a major plus of have non foldable props. The mavic pro would have eatin dirt.

I was wondering about this. I think this is a major plus of have non foldable props. The mavic pro would have eatin dirt.
Completely unrelated. Spark has foldable props and a friend's one did something very similar, RTH initiated under a tree, it climbed up into the tree, fell down and recovered 3 times before a prop got damaged enough for it to tumble down to the ground for good.
In theory a foldable prop is actually better in this regard.

Completely unrelated. Spark has foldable props and a friend's one did something very similar, RTH initiated under a tree, it climbed up into the tree, fell down and recovered 3 times before a prop got damaged enough for it to tumble down to the ground for good.
In theory a foldable prop is actually better in this regard.
Not sure how this is completely unrelated. This was exactly my point as you stated, the spark did eventually tumble down. Non foldable props would allow the craft to push itself away from objects without folding. Of course, this is all conjecture until someone does a controlled study, but my experience is that I would bet on non-foldable being more reliable any day of the year.

Could have been worse. Watched a vid of a large scale RC jet pilot take off, gets as far as end of runway then nose dive in, crash and burn. Hear his wife in background say “well there goes $ 6,000! He and his ground crew all neglected to notice the Tx antenna wasn’t extended.

Could have been worse. Watched a vid of a large scale RC jet pilot take off, gets as far as end of runway then nose dive in, crash and burn. Hear his wife in background say “well there goes $ 6,000! He and his ground crew all neglected to notice the Tx antenna wasn’t extended.

Uku4jlh.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
lol thats insane. I thought the motors usually shutdown when they hit something hard like that...didnt know that i can restart and stabilize itself mid air after doing a flip.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS