DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air footage (India) - suggestions needed

ak98

Reactions

Check out in 1080p.
Still on the learning curve, suggestions are welcome.Also i feel that the footage contains grains most of the time even in brightly lit situation,but on various youtube videos by famous vloggers they look crystal clear.
Am i doing something wrong or is it something else?
Thanks for your time :)

Check out in 1080p.
Still on the learning curve, suggestions are welcome.Also i feel that the footage contains grains most of the time even in brightly lit situation,but on various youtube videos by famous vloggers they look crystal clear.
Am i doing something wrong or is it something else?
Thanks for your time :)
It’s a great video already, but I always advise people to make their videos shorter. 30 seconds. Use only the very very best clips. For example, early in the video there is a shot of a highway. You don’t need that. Even for the clips that you keep, trim them down as much as possible. This can be the hardest part. Nobody wants to cut footage out, but less is more.

The speed transitions and jump cuts are great. I’d refine them even more.

Noise is naturally reduced a little bit when you down sample the image from 4K to 1080p. To get the really clean images though, people use something called Neat Video. It’s not cheap and you’ll have to also find a Mavic Air noise profile (which may also cost money unless you make your own). Also Neat Video is VERY processor intensive. You’ll want to do your edit first. Get the video trimmed down to just what you want to keep. Then use Neat Video to remove the noise on just the clips you keep. Even then, depending on your computer it could take hours to render.

Lastly, as further input on your video (which is a lot of fun by the way), I might suggest you adjust the exposure on most of the shots using video scopes. The standard method is to first adjust your blacks so that anything black in your image just barely sits above 0 ire. Then adjust your whites, trying to keep the brightest parts below 100 except for sections of the clip where you are looking into the sun. Last you adjust your mid-tones. Pulling them down will add contrast to the image (and colors will look a bit more saturated).

AFTER you adjusted exposure on a shot, then you can add saturation to your taste (don’t over do it). You can also adjust overall tint (white balance) if needed.

Hope that helps.

It’s a great video already, but I always advise people to make their videos shorter. 30 seconds. Use only the very very best clips. For example, early in the video there is a shot of a highway. You don’t need that. Even for the clips that you keep, trim them down as much as possible. This can be the hardest part. Nobody wants to cut footage out, but less is more.

The speed transitions and jump cuts are great. I’d refine them even more.

Noise is naturally reduced a little bit when you down sample the image from 4K to 1080p. To get the really clean images though, people use something called Neat Video. It’s not cheap and you’ll have to also find a Mavic Air noise profile (which may also cost money unless you make your own). Also Neat Video is VERY processor intensive. You’ll want to do your edit first. Get the video trimmed down to just what you want to keep. Then use Neat Video to remove the noise on just the clips you keep. Even then, depending on your computer it could take hours to render.

Lastly, as further input on your video (which is a lot of fun by the way), I might suggest you adjust the exposure on most of the shots using video scopes. The standard method is to first adjust your blacks so that anything black in your image just barely sits above 0 ire. Then adjust your whites, trying to keep the brightest parts below 100 except for sections of the clip where you are looking into the sun. Last you adjust your mid-tones. Pulling them down will add contrast to the image (and colors will look a bit more saturated).

AFTER you adjusted exposure on a shot, then you can add saturation to your taste (don’t over do it). You can also adjust overall tint (white balance) if needed.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much[emoji173]️
This does more than helping
Will improve in future ^_^

Reactions: Dmbrody
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member