DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Master Airscrew Stealth Props Second Generation V2

How I understand it is that Gain settings should still be adjusted for optimal performance, but error messages should now be eradicated, especially in sport mode, which is were the problem used to persist.

I understand the theory behind the original pair.
If they are 20% more efficient and you need to change the gain from 100 to 80 to prevent errors, that makes perfect sense.
Slower turning motors for the same power saves power.

But now V2 is about 14% more efficient and you do not have to change the gains yet even a few more seconds are gained.
Same speed turning motors as stock but saves power?

Hmmmmm

Nope, slower RPM with same lift-forces cause higher currents in motors hence less flight time ( in hover/static location ) . Did not perform in-flight comparison so cant tell dynamic behaviour.

I have the V1's and MAS is sending me the V2's in all the Colors. I didn't know what colors till today. I suggested to make military themed colors. OD Green, Tan, Flat Black. No idea why they choice the colors they did. Seems like an odd choice IMO.

My V1's are awesome, no complaints. I gained an avg of 2min per flight. If I can get another 1-2min. That's HUGE.

Colours are a function of easily available cheap plastic raw pellets of their demanding specification. I bet they buy in pellets!

Just to say I was stung for USD18 tax in UK when I bought the v1 from USA a few weeks back and long shipping .... Wait for European supplier....
Wow that's annoying. They should just send them via USPS registered mail, it's cheaper and generally there are no taxes, especially for small amounts.

Reactions: Bluenoseken
I received my Version 1 just a few days before they announced V2. I had not used the V1 yet. I emailed them and asked them to exchanged. They refused. They are not very customer-centric. Based on this experience, I cannot recommend them and suggest avoiding them.
While I agree from a customer satisfaction standpoint, the issues with V1 are not really MAS’s fault as I understand it and are more the result of a firmware update from DJI. Still, it would do a lot to build customer goodwill if they’d at least offer an across-the board discount, even though they have no obligation to as far as I can tell.

Since they came out with the Intel i9-9xxx processor, maybe I should ask Newegg for a discount or exchange for CPUs :rolleyes:

except they don't come out with a newer version just a month or two after the previous one.

except they don't come out with a newer version just a month or two after the previous one.
Or new ones that fix an issue that the old ones had...not just improve efficiency. I don't expect a discount, but it would help them to build trust. I don't see why anyone would buy the first version of a future product.

I guess I'll wait for more reviews of these before buying. Who knows if DJI makes the V2 throw an error with a future firmware update. Clearly MAS won't stand by their product.

Or new ones that fix an issue that the old ones had...not just improve efficiency. I don't expect a discount, but it would help them to build trust. I don't see why anyone would buy the first version of a future product.

I guess I'll wait for more reviews of these before buying. Who knows if DJI makes the V2 throw an error with a future firmware update. Clearly MAS won't stand by their product.
When you bought it you were satisfied. The new improved ones dont make your current one redundant. I dont expectv them not to update it because some people bought the old on last month.

So in summary, from previous posts I understant there is no significant features difference between V1 & V2. They both reduces noise by 3dB compared to the DJI props and extend flight time by 1 to 2min. Correct?
I've bought the V1 early May and I am pleased so far. So no rationales to go for V2 short term.

Reactions: pmshop
So i just came back trom testing the new MAS v2 props and I’m happy to say that there is an improvement.

I reset my gains back to 100% and went full throttle and performing sharp turns in sports mode and I didn’t see any motor current errors (checked the flight logs).

Additionally I would normally see the stuttering during initial takeoff with the MASv1 but the MASv2 I didn’t experience any of that after making at least 10 takeoff and landings.

Noise wise it seems to be about the same as the v1 except now it doesn’t stutter so that makes it overall stealthier.

Flight performance feels the same. I’ll have to do a thorough test of all this including an anechoic test for noise performance.

TL;DR: MASv2 is the one I was waiting for. It resolves the motor current errors and the stuttering. Recommended!
1A31228E-24E6-4790-82EF-3CB295D43356.jpeg

Attachments

• 28B49F81-FE1A-42C6-A40E-4C364217A6DB.jpeg
    28B49F81-FE1A-42C6-A40E-4C364217A6DB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks for sharing.
Where you able to look at the battery life impact or was the type of test flight you did not ideal to get a good sense of it ?

Thanks for sharing.
Where you able to look at the battery life impact or was the type of test flight you did not ideal to get a good sense of it ?
Not yet, I was going to time it except I haven’t had time to fly for a while so the batteries automatically discharged to 1/2 after being idle for over 2 weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman