DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Range Frustration

Dutch75

Reactions
I've had my Mavic air about a week and I am getting frustrated. I cannot seem to go beyond 300m distance. I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8, to no avail. Regardless of where I take it I begin to lose connection. Weak signal warnings, losing video feed, etc. I'm considering taking it back for Mavic Pro as I know RC is more reliable than wifi. Please help any way you can. Thanks.

Hey dutch, I'm going to cover the basics first to make sure you have everything setup right. You have both antenna's on the RC in a vertical position?
CgnsXSC.png

Also you have both front landing legs folded down on the Aircraft? this is where the antennas are located on the Mavic Air

Thanks for your reply Aerial. Yes, I follow those exact instructions.

If distance is what you want, why choose the Mavic air? Worst choice ever, since that is exactly what it is NOT made to do.

If distance is what you want, why choose the Mavic air? Worst choice ever, since that is exactly what it is NOT made to do.

LOL. Another with Air Envy. Do you even know how far 300 meters is? The OP should have no problem going this distance and much further, most of us do. 9 out of 10 of the problems I see for the air AND the Pro, yep, the Pro has issues too, comes from operator error.

No envy at all, I get a kick out of all the people trying to go half as far as a pro will go. 300 meters is nothing for a MP. Not even losing signal bars at 300 meters yet.......

No envy at all, I get a kick out of all the people trying to go half as far as a pro will go. 300 meters is nothing for a MP. Not even losing signal bars at 300 meters yet.......

It is evident there is something not right with the OP's situation. I have flown all over downtown Portland and the Intel campus at 5 times that range without ever having an issue. You're just looking for a reason to trash something you don't have. Enjoy if it makes you feel bigger.

Does the mavic air have a trainer or beginner mode like the Pro does .that will put a solid limit to how far it can go

Not sure where you get your “facts” from. My MA can easily handle over 1km without a single glitch

Reactions: Mackeaveli
I've had my Mavic air about a week and I am getting frustrated. I cannot seem to go beyond 300m distance. I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8, to no avail. Regardless of where I take it I begin to lose connection. Weak signal warnings, losing video feed, etc. I'm considering taking it back for Mavic Pro as I know RC is more reliable than wifi. Please help any way you can. Thanks.

Well I pulled the trigger on the pro. I love it! Much quieter and distance is unreal. Still have the air- I love the camera and will use it for short range photography. Still concerned about short range and not sure what to do about it yet. What would you do if yours was struggling with range? I appreciate all the replies.

I absolutely love my pro. I use my Spark for all my low flying and in between trees and right spaces but the Air definitely should of come with the ocusync system. That's why I'm waiting for the 2nd version of the air to see if dji gives it ocusync. Then I will pull the trigger and buy it.

I have my spark fcc hacked and it's hit and miss flying with it

Reactions: bonzo
Yes, I took it out of beginner mode 1st day.
You should be getting much further than 300m in almost any area, I flew mine Downtown recently where the wifi signals are very dirty and still flew 2400ft with out a problem, you may want to contact DJI, this isn't normal. As far as the Mavic Air haters out there go, don't worry to much about it. I have both the Pro and the Air, there are positives and negatives to each, my Pro hasn't had much flight time since getting the Air.

You should be getting much further than 300m in almost any area, I flew mine Downtown recently where the wifi signals are very dirty and still flew 2400ft with out a problem, you may want to contact DJI, this isn't normal. As far as the Mavic Air haters out there go, don't worry to much about it. I have both the Pro and the Air, there are positives and negatives to each, my Pro hasn't had much flight time since getting the Air.

Okay thank you!

I'm the same, have both ma and m pro. Flying the air more than the pro.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty