DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air video freezes

Bam

Reactions
My brand new DJI Mavic Air has a strange problem with video recording.

Here it is:

Video just frozen for many seconds, then drone "teleportates". I found this issue for 3 times while 4 hours of flying. Not so much but this thing is very disappointing because I can't manage that something is going wrong.

My microSD card is Samsung MB-MC128GA. As I can understand it could be working great with mavic air.

Did anyone saw something like this? What is the problem?

First thing to try would still be a different card, it looks like some kind of buffering due to slow write speed going on.
Have you formatted it from the app?

Hmm, that is strange and I have not experienced that in any of my flights. Your SD card should be plenty fast for the Mavic Air, but I would try reformatting the card while it is in the aircraft via the DJI Go app. If that doesn't help, you could try a different card just to eliminate the card as the source of the problem. Does the app give you

First thing to try would still be a different card, it looks like some kind of buffering due to slow write speed going on.
Have you formatted it from the app?
I have formatted my card both ways: with Mac OS and with DJI Go app. Nothing changes. This issue is still here.

So as i can see i got to go and buy one more memory card to make sure if problem will disappear

Hmm, that is strange and I have not experienced that in any of my flights. Your SD card should be plenty fast for the Mavic Air, but I would try reformatting the card while it is in the aircraft via the DJI Go app. If that doesn't help, you could try a different card just to eliminate the card as the source of the problem. Does the app give you

Does the app give me any warnings? No it doesn't. In the app everything seems to be great until you see the original media.

Where did you buy your SD card? Was it from eBay or from a potentially unreliable source/seller? Many of those cards (Samsung Evo's) are counterfeit (fake) and are simply remarked lower quality (and storage space) microSD cards. They can look quite realistic and be hard to spot. Here's how to tell if it is a fake:
How to Identify a Fake Samsung Micro SD Memory Card

The best way is to check the serial number on the card, as well as to check the storage space with H2TestW or the like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929