DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic anti-collision lights and Part 107

pcalvin

Reactions
According to the FAA, to flight at twilight/dusk the SUA must have anti-collision lights that can be seen at 3 statute miles. Are the lights on the Mavic Pro that bright? Are they in compliance with that regulation?

Thanks

Last edited:
According to the FAA, to flight at twilight/dusk the SUA must have anti-collision lights that can be seen at 3 statute miles. Are the lights on the Mavic Pro that bright? Are they in compliance with that regulation?

Thanks
I would pick up a set of Strobon Cree lights they are cheap and Very bright. Look under Mavic Help section to purchase them

I'll look into the Strobon Cree lights.

So, the stock lights on the Mavic Pro are not bright enough for the FAA?

Thanks

The stock lights on the Mavic are not bright enough to be seen from 3 miles away.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll check out the lights you recommended.

I can't say enough about the the STROBONs. I use different colors for the front, back, and sides - plus one white for the top. This way you can tell the orientation of the Mavic even in pitch black at over a mile away and any other aircraft in the area (manned or unmanned) can easily see you.

There are also arm-clips for the lights available on MavicHelp.com, or you can use heavy-duty Velcro.

This post is two years old. Are the STROBONs still the top lights for flying during civil twilight? The source linked to here is out of stock. Any other seller that folks have had good luck with?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78