DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal Seizure, anybody seen this before?

StanW

Reactions
Got Mavic Christmas Day, too cold and windy to fly so I took the time to hook everything up, checked app, did the dji test thing, etc. This morning i got up, figured i would do a trial run of the compass calibration and when I held the Mavic nose down the gimbal went fricking nuts.

Did you take both of the gimbal holders off. The clear dome and the small plastic one behind the gimbal?

my mavic has just taken upon itself to do this too - yes it does travel with the gimbal clamps, no i never forget to take them off before startup.

it worked fine 3 days ago - since then there has been an app update, and on startup yesterday it moaned of firmware mismatch, then on restart it is doing this. Interesting to note the gimbal is going through what looks like initialisation - full range movements every 5 seconds, and it does not respond to controller commands (wheel or C1)

Yes clamps were removed, everything was going OK yesterday other than the gimbal was drifting off center. Like flight_tee it went nuts after a firmware upgrade this morning. It would work OK for a few minutes and then go awry.

Mavic Gimbal Seizure, anybody seen this before?
I have not.
Looks very unhappy.☹

spoke with authorised reseller, girl on the phone tells of how many calls she has had today about gimbal seizures and asks that i try dji support. They've suggested i try firmware reload via dji assistant. I'm doing that now..

I would think with the hammering it took it could/most likely is damaged.
Hope it works out.

The seller is exchanging it without any hassle, figured that was better than trying to get it repaired. I should have a replacement within a week.

Reactions: WAXMAN
The seller is exchanging it without any hassle, figured that was better than trying to get it repaired. I should have a replacement within a week.
Please post the sellers name. They deserve some positive press.

Reactions: flight_tee
It really did go nuts, wasn't expecting that!

Good to hear that you'll be getting a replacement.

If you decided to keep it, maybe a gimbal calibration and then adjusting the gimbal roll would've helped after reloading the FW.

I purchased from B&H photo, they've always been great to deal with.

Got Mavic Christmas Day, too cold and windy to fly so I took the time to hook everything up, checked app, did the dji test thing, etc. This morning i got up, figured i would do a trial run of the compass calibration and when I held the Mavic nose down the gimbal went fricking nuts.

apparently you got one of the 2 or 3 bad ones out of 50 that DJI produces. Sorry man. I got 2 weeks out of mine before it starting acting up. good luck and keep us posted with your progress. DJI has been knowing about the same issue as mine for over a year and has done nothing to correct it. They obviously don't care about producing a stable product or any type of good customer service. They are selling a ton of these drones so why care about quality control. Now if they had some serious competition they would change the way they do things but as long as the money continues to flow in, why care.

Reactions: Callum and WAXMAN
apparently you got one of the 2 or 3 bad ones out of 50 that DJI produces. Sorry man. I got 2 weeks out of mine before it starting acting up. good luck and keep us posted with your progress. DJI has been knowing about the same issue as mine for over a year and has done nothing to correct it. They obviously don't care about producing a stable product or any type of good customer service. They are selling a ton of these drones so why care about quality control. Now if they had some serious competition they would change the way they do things but as long as the money continues to flow in, why care.

They tried to address it on one of the recent FWs but it didn't do anything :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078