DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimble weather clamp error

Reactions
Hey guys how's it going.

I am having the old check gimble weather clamp issue it was doing a freak out every few seconds trying to restart.

I replaced the ribbon flat cable and did a manufacturer reset on the firm ware since the firmware killed one my batteries I didn't want that to happen to another one of my batteries.

I located a place that fixes drones in Frisch Texas called drone plus but they recommended in a quote that I needed to replace the whole gimble which sucks because I haven't had this thing for to long and I have never crashed it.

Does this sound accurate or is there an at home resolve to this? thanks for any advice.

Sorry I don't have any vids I can send in to show how it's acting

Correct I got it off amazon since dji was in back order at the time wish I would of stuck around for the warranty. I don't want to get a refurbished drone or I'd send it in.

I'm taking it in Monday to get looked at but I feel like it can be worked out to not needing a new gimble

Anyone who tells you that you need a whole new gimbal is probably wrong. I repair Mavic gimbals every day and have been through a few hundred of them in repairs. The only time I replace the entire gimbal is when:

1. The gimbal was ripped off and cant be found

2. There is damage to 3 of the 5 major components of the gimbal. (Top control PCB, ribbon cable, LVDS cable, motor assembly, camera barrel) but then I buy the damaged gimbal from you as a trade-in towards a new one, so you dont have to pay for an entire gimbal assembly.

I can diagnose and repair yours. Here is a link about my company and an online repair request if you would like to me take a look at it:

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Reactions: CaveDrone
Anyone who tells you that you need a whole new gimbal is probably wrong. I repair Mavic gimbals every day and have been through a few hundred of them in repairs. The only time I replace the entire gimbal is when:

1. The gimbal was ripped off and cant be found

2. There is damage to 3 of the 5 major components of the gimbal. (Top control PCB, ribbon cable, LVDS cable, motor assembly, camera barrel) but then I buy the damaged gimbal from you as a trade-in towards a new one, so you dont have to pay for an entire gimbal assembly.

I can diagnose and repair yours. Here is a link about my company and an online repair request if you would like to me take a look at it:

Thunderdrones Repair Information

I feel so hard like I'm just missing that 1 step
Thanks anyways I'm sure you are a super repair it person I'm just not looking to send it in anywhere not even dji I got some place close by a 30 min trip I was looking to do this on my own or maybe someone happened to learn the trick to fix it because I've tried the 2 things it could be so now I'm worried it's the plate. Thanks for taking the time to post I'll have to keep ya in mind it's good to have a few places to take your drone too.

Thanks everyone for responding in such short time. It's my day off and I'm gonna see what they say pray that they are knowledgeable and not looking for cash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy