DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Goes on Vacation too ... Idaho Playgrounds

grizzard

Reactions
Took my Mavic on our Summer Vacation and did some flights on the last 2 stops heading home. Wagonhammer and Elk Mtn. Used D-Cinelink with ND16 so Post correction would be minimized. I used Davinci Resolve for the editing. If I did it right the 1st video will lead you to the second video ... kinda. I'm still learning about Cards.

Well I don't think it did ..... here is number 2

Last edited:
At Wagonhammer RV people called and cancelled because of the rising water. At the time of the video it had gone down more than a foot, but these reservations are made way in advance for many. At Elk Mtn 3/4 full would likely be the norm unless special events are going on in the aea. Plus there are not a lot of Pull Throughs ..which doesn't bother me. It just that at our age some people have trouble backing up.

Took my Mavic on our Summer Vacation and did some flights on the last 2 stops heading home. Wagonhammer and Elk Mtn. Used D-Cinelink with ND16 so Post correction would be minimized. I used Davinci Resolve for the editing. If I did it right the 1st video will lead you to the second video ... kinda. I'm still learning about Cards.

Nice video. Color came out great. How much color correction did you use? Just Lift and Gain, or other tweaking?

Nice video. Color came out great. How much color correction did you use? Just Lift and Gain, or other tweaking?
I used color correction only on the 2.7K clips to help match the 4K and 3.8K which were a little darker. Color Wheels in Resolve, ... Lift, Mid-tones and Gain. I used the Stabilization Feature in Resolve a lot and that help with the shakiness. I think I used Color Correction on maybe a couple of snapshots that perhaps came from my cell phone too. I tried to keep it as clean as possible by using D-Cinelike and getting my White Balance as correct so I didn't have to do a lot of Post correction. Oh, I may have snuck in a little blue on the sky shots too ...but mostly untouched. The sky at 6,000' is pretty blue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78