DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine to be skeptical but at some point you have to accept some form of evidence.

I don’t care really it was good show! I’m not the FBI or the FAA I’m done sorry if your feelings are hurt please don’t show me all the little details.

Before it get out of hand I ignored the OP again no offense I won’t see anymore from him Just so everyone knows. The story is over I’m leaving the theater and going home now, I don’t want to see the credits.

Reactions: Classic flyer
...I’m now torn between reality and fiction... Real or a movie (if you staged it your good and should get into film making seriously)

It was a real miracle with storybook ending! Unless the guy who came up to me in the park was one heck of an actor in addition to film maker! He came across as nice guy who likes to experiment and see what the Mavic can do. No way a braggart.

It was a real miracle with storybook ending! Unless the guy who came up to me in the park was one heck of an actor in addition to film maker! He came across as nice guy who likes to experiment and see what the Mavic can do. No way a braggart.

Yea. But he started demanding I believe him and I said I don’t care either way it was great if it was real the story ended well for him if it was fiction he’s good. Nothing wrong with it either way, it’s entertainment, it’s like the Blair witch project if they got mad because someone did or didn’t believe it why does it matter what people believe? I can see if it’s made up and they don’t want to be questioned about its authenticity then that’s ego all I did was point out something. But I’m just going to go on with my life and read some other posts. Maybe one day I will have a similar experience real or fake if I make something up and post it as real I’ll see if people can spot issues with the story?

I guess I've been found out thanks to DroneJI. I did it all for the internet points. If I get in trouble for any of this I'm going to call him as a witness that it was all a big Blair Witch hoax :p

Reactions: getitinwriting
Very interesting observation...now you have me wondering if the MP could lift all the extra weight

Look up the 3 battery mods. It d
Yea. But he started demanding I believe him and I said I don’t care either way it was great if it was real the story ended well for him if it was fiction he’s good. Nothing wrong with it either way, it’s entertainment, it’s like the Blair witch project if they got mad because someone did or didn’t believe it why does it matter what people believe? I can see if it’s made up and they don’t want to be questioned about its authenticity then that’s ego all I did was point out something. But I’m just going to go on with my life and read some other posts. Maybe one day I will have a similar experience real or fake if I make something up and post it as real I’ll see if people can spot issues with the story?

It’s like people that think the earth is flat or that we didn’t land on the moon. You can be shown all of the evidence in the world and still choose to be ignorant.

It’s also funny that you choose to “ignore” him while continuing to post in his thread. Just go away?

It’s like people that think the earth is flat or that we didn’t land on the moon. You can be shown all of the evidence in the world and still choose to be ignorant.

It’s also funny that you choose to “ignore” him while continuing to post in his thread. Just go away?

I blocked him because he started a big thing over it! I wasn’t the one who mentioned the video cut out and just because I don’t see what’s being said by the blocked party doesn’t mean everyone trying to incite a riot by trying to push the non issue than I’m not getting alerts now I’m bored the shows over. I’m not going to let anyone get under my skin about this! Everyone get over it already!

So I was flying out over Commencement Bay this morning with my modified Mavic. I had two external batteries mounted among other modifications. I had recently replaced the ESC board and was noticing that the batteries seemed to be draining slightly faster over the last day or two. I suspect this was due to some sloppy soldering on my part when replacing the board.

In previous flights I had gone 40k feet out and back with 20% battery remaining. On this flight I hit 55% battery at 35k feet (there was no wind at all on this flight) where I turned around. I knew I would be cutting it close with a 10% battery margin for the return trip but I came up about 5k feet short.

I hit forced landing at 10% as I was approaching an anchored cargo vessel. I reluctantly attempted to land on the ship but I don't think I made it. What do you guys think? Does it look like the it landed on the ship or is in Davey Jones' Locker? I sent the shipping company an email to see if they could contact the crew to check for me but I am not hopeful. The ship will be in the area most of the week in case it is on the deck.

You can clearly see that your drone landed onboard with about 10’ to spare. Safe landing for sure.

Take a MIDOL and relax Nancy

Reactions: DroneJI
OK guy's I really see no need in closing this as long as you guy's lay off the
being nasty to fellow posters so it is reopened but any further reports on Name Calling or anything else and I will close this if they are not reported so it can be
addressed then.
Am glad it did work out for the OP but please when posting just..
Be Nice.jpeg
Thank you .

OK guy's I really see no need in closing this as long as you guy's lay off the
being nasty to fellow posters so it is reopened but any further reports on Name Calling or anything else and I will close this if they are not reported so it can be
addressed then.
Am glad it did work out for the OP but please when posting just..
View attachment 32727
Thank you .
And anyone who knows how - should set up a poll for best thread ( interesting read) in this forum so far ! With exception of the ********.

Now was that ..Nice
We all know a Mavic can't carry that much .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_