Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
its simple,just strap a mp to each corner of the case of beer
waalaa

Reactions: Classic flyer
I have read the whole thread and it reads like a teen adventure novel...

Youre right, just like Tom Swift!

Tom_Swift_and_His_Airship_%28book_cover%29.jpg

Reactions: Classic flyer
well, you "could tie a fishing line drag.... and float a case close by... but not sure they would have anything for a water retrieval
...LOL

Reactions: Guest 45469
So I was flying out over Commencement Bay this morning with my modified Mavic. I had two external batteries mounted among other modifications. I had recently replaced the ESC board and was noticing that the batteries seemed to be draining slightly faster over the last day or two. I suspect this was due to some sloppy soldering on my part when replacing the board.

In previous flights I had gone 40k feet out and back with 20% battery remaining. On this flight I hit 55% battery at 35k feet (there was no wind at all on this flight) where I turned around. I knew I would be cutting it close with a 10% battery margin for the return trip but I came up about 5k feet short.

I hit forced landing at 10% as I was approaching an anchored cargo vessel. I reluctantly attempted to land on the ship but I don't think I made it. What do you guys think? Does it look like the it landed on the ship or is in Davey Jones' Locker? I sent the shipping company an email to see if they could contact the crew to check for me but I am not hopeful. The ship will be in the area most of the week in case it is on the deck.

Sorry to say that looks like Davy Jones locker!

FRIGGEN UNBELIEVABLE, Amazing luck Zac..What a kick-*** story....oh hey, I was the one and only comment in January on your 1st crash vidja. cheers brother...pm me more info on the wifi amp, im interested.....

Reactions: Dave Maine
Classic, Why the animosity and insults? Can’t you be happy it worked out well?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandaloo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147