DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Oct 18th was my first long distance flight using Proteck 3600. Even though I didn’t make it back, it surprised people that those little batteries could power a Mavic that distance.

So many people posting before reading that I actually made it and got it back.
This thread has turned into more of a social experiment of who actually reads through the comments before posting. I've been watching this since you first posted it. It has been one of the finer tales told here :)

Yep Oct 18th was my first long distance flight using Proteck 3600. Even though I didn’t make it back, it surprised people that those little batteries could power a Mavic that distance.
Bummer. Did you have any signal mods? How was your signal at that distance? Did you get another one after that?

I'm pushing the limits with mods and whatnot. Take risks and you pay the price. I'm not complaining.
True that but you shouldn't push the "LIMITS" in places that can cause damage or injury to others...I'm not trying to dis you sir I just want you to fly safely for the sake of others and yourself...the drone community is already under great scrutiny and "adventures" like that only hurt us

Bummer. Did you have any signal mods? How was your signal at that distance? Did you get another one after that?

I use the Titan cyclone , No signal loss issues and I was only fly at 125 feet. Last time I flew over different section of the bay and did 50 K and made it back with 20% battery left.

IMG_6950.JPG

Reactions: Guest 45469
I use the Titan cyclone , No signal loss issues and I was only fly at 125 feet. Last time I flew over different section of the bay and did 50 K and made it back with 20% battery left.

View attachment 32681
That's really good for only 2 Proteks. My longest flight so far was 40k and got back with 20% on dual Proteks. I have a wifi amp on the Mavic but no controller mod.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Someone pointed out how abrupt the Video ended it wasn’t tumbling and had a perfect stable focus when the video went black, and kinda insinuating that this may be made up? I had to look at the clip several times and can’t tell if the end was a edit? The camera was turned off? Or it crashed I thought until that comment was made that it may have hit the railing and that killed the drone? But I’m now torn between reality and fiction because if it hit the rail the image Should have shaken a little! The Gimble is not that good! And if the camera was struck the same thing there should have been some kind of disturbance to the video! I’m. Not saying you made this up but the way the video ended just before it was about to touch down it’s really hard to explain. And from the looks of the drone when you got it back I don’t see a explanation either? If it was shot down yeah that would explain it , but in the time I have with my MPP I’m a little baffled to what happened right after the video stopped. It’s I guess the low battery could have turned it off right at the spot? Either way it was dramatic and worthy of praise! Real or a movie (if you staged it your good and should get into film making seriously)

Someone pointed out how abrupt the Video ended it wasn’t tumbling and had a perfect stable focus when the video went black, and kinda insinuating that this may be made up? I had to look at the clip several times and can’t tell if the end was a edit? The camera was turned off? Or it crashed I thought until that comment was made that it may have hit the railing and that killed the drone? But I’m now torn between reality and fiction because if it hit the rail the image Should have shaken a little! The Gimble is not that good! And if the camera was struck the same thing there should have been some kind of disturbance to the video! I’m. Not saying you made this up but the way the video ended just before it was about to touch down it’s really hard to explain. And from the looks of the drone when you got it back I don’t see a explanation either? If it was shot down yeah that would explain it , but in the time I have with my MPP I’m a little baffled to what happened right after the video stopped. It’s I guess the low battery could have turned it off right at the spot? Either way it was dramatic and worthy of praise! Real or a movie (if you staged it your good and should get into film making seriously)
Very interesting observation...now you have me wondering if the MP could lift all the extra weight

Reactions: DroneJI
There is a delay in the video due to processing and transmission. Either the battery died or the transmission was cut due to blockage.

Dude, I posted the logs. Look at the battery voltage at the end.

Very interesting observation...now you have me wondering if the MP could lift all the extra weight
There are a lot of guys flying with 3 external Protek batteries and getting 11 miles. They could go further but there is an issue (thing bug in the controller firmware) that causes it to disconnect at that distance. Look at the Leaderboard thread or the Mods section of the forum. Mavic has about 2 lbs of thrust. Protek batteries are 220g. Some people also strip unnecessary stuff from the Mavic. For example the wifi board is not needed if you don't fly it using wifi.

Reactions: SkyNinja
There are a lot of guys flying with 3 external Protek batteries and getting 11 miles. They could go further but there is an issue (thing bug in the controller firmware) that causes it to disconnect at that distance. Look at the Leaderboard thread or the Mods section of the forum. Mavic has about 2 lbs of thrust. Protek batteries are 220g. Some people also strip unnecessary stuff from the Mavic. For example the wifi board is not needed if you don't fly it using wifi.
Thanx

Like I said I can’t tell the logs could be tampered with, either way it was great! Don’t take offense it’s a observation.
Lol I dunno man. Why would I make up a story like that? Wanna see the emails I had from the ships captain?

Reactions: Brandaloo
Lol I dunno man. Why would I make up a story like that? Wanna see the emails I had from the ships captain?

I’m not going to start a war about this! I just pointed out something another person said and it made me think I don’t think I’m alone on this! Hey if it really did happen great! Why do you have to make such a scene that it’s not fiction? It doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Classic flyer
I’m not going to start a war about this! I just pointed out something another person said and it made me think I don’t think I’m alone on this! Hey if it really did happen great! Why do you have to make such a scene that it’s not fiction? It doesn’t matter.
Fine to be skeptical but at some point you have to accept some form of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie