DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told him early on I was happy to hear he got it back

I get it. You would not try this flight yourself or recommend it to others. I would not either. One battery at a time is good for me and I would let drone fall into the ocean before landing on ship due to risk of incident as others have pointed out already. Now, our guy here made a different decision. He landed on ship in "emergency" and then immediately contacted owner to identify himself, to explain what happened, and to ask for his drone back. The USCG assessed the situation and made a good call that there was no threat or damage to anyone and told the ship owner and captain they may return the drone to its owner which they did immediately. Its a great outcome for one of our fellow hobbyists who could use a lucky break! No sense to insult anyone's mother for gosh sake.

I get it. You would not try this flight yourself or recommend it to others. I would not either. One battery at a time is good for me and I would let drone fall into the ocean before landing on ship due to risk of incident as others have pointed out already. Now, our guy here made a different decision. He landed on ship in "emergency" and then immediately contacted owner to identify himself, to explain what happened, and to ask for his drone back. The USCG assessed the situation and made a good call that there was no threat or damage to anyone and told the ship owner and captain they may return the drone to its owner which they did immediately. Its a great outcome for one of our fellow hobbyists who could use a lucky break! No sense to insult anyone's mother for gosh sake.
He sent a picture of someone I didn't recognize and I thought he was much younger than...my bad...NOT!

Did he or didn't he get it back that is my question

Awesome! You are one lucky ******* mate, great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again!

Dude. Didn't you throw a tantrum and claim to be gone from this thread? Why is it you can't stop coming back? I'd suggest you go outside and fly a drone and have some fun. Don't worry about this any more.

What a waste of the last 50 or so posts.

Dude. Didn't you throw a tantrum and claim to be gone from this thread? Why is it you can't stop coming back? I'd suggest you go outside and fly a drone and have some fun. Don't worry about this any more.

What a waste of the last 50 or so posts.

Come on now didn’t the mod warn y’all to stop? I can do what I want here are you the forum police?

Reactions: Classic flyer
Come on now didn’t the mod warn y’all to stop? I can do what I want here are you the forum police?
Yes I did and this is over and yes you can post as you like as long as it is
within the guidelines . Now this is finished ,

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member