DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be out of town starting Tuesday through Friday. But with the way the weather has been they won't get this ship loaded in a few days because they won't pour grain in the rain. I'll keep tabs on the ship myself and if it hits the dock before I'm back I'll call the foreman and see if he can talk to any of the guys on Deck watch or even the chief mate

Reactions: jcp411 and Guker
I'll be out of town starting Tuesday through Friday. But with the way the weather has been they won't get this ship loaded in a few days because they won't pour grain in the rain. I'll keep tabs on the ship myself and if it hits the dock before I'm back I'll call the foreman and see if he can talk to any of the guys on Deck watch or even the chief mate
Thanks man. Really appreciate that Thumbswayup

I agree it's highly unlikely it made it. The narrow FOV on the Mavic makes everything look much closer than it is.
I've been flying the mavic for over 12 months and agree with your about the FOV, and it looked to me, to be just short of landing on the ship, anyway it was a brave attempt at saving your mavic from a cold watery grave !!! Btw did you not have time to pan the camera down or had it ran out of juice ?

Last edited:
All kidding aside, after watching your video repeatedly I feel you have a small chance you made it on board. If you would have headed for the vessels centerline early on instead of going the the heli pad - I think it likely you would have gotten the Mavic on board. Easy for me to say given I was not battling for survival like you were with very limited time to think about all possible strategies. I have a warehouse operation in Sumner near by to Tacoma so next time I am out there I will try to catch up with you for a possible meet up. I want to hear more about your mods and local flying recommendations etc ;p - good luck on the recovery of your Mavic. I am sure everyone is hoping you get it back. Maybe you should set up a yes/no poll on getting it back.

Holy **** guys. I just got an email reply from the company that owns the Pantelis and they have my Mavic!

Yessss! Give someone a reward! That was nice of them to pick it up before the wind or whatever blowing it off

Reactions: Guker
Awesome! Now I want to see pictures of this beast!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to some of the people that work at the dock and they are saying the ship won't be pulling in until around the 4th of March so it looks like it will be a bit until I get my Mavic back. On the upside looks like I will be getting it back thanks to some cool people!

Reactions: robmacom and Guker
Alright, case of beer it is. Or should I get some of that fancy craft beer for them?
no nothing out of the norm, its a stereo type that cargo guys are big burly men who want mans beer haha, no coors light or bud light either haha.

Reactions: robmacom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98