DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm familiar with supertanker configurations, and agree with skipper jonpearce that it's aboard. No question in my mind that it just cleared the rail.

Reactions: robmacom
Brilliant thread. Restores my faith in human kind. Definitely a cause for celebration when the ship docks.

Reactions: Guker
Glad to hear it survived and that you will soon get your Mavic back. This thread kept me coming back day after day like a soap opera. Great ending to the story.

Reactions: jcp411 and Guker
Sounds like it might not be hitting the dock until after i get back.. I'll gladly go down and onto the ship and fetch it for you. Awesome news they got it back to you and honest enough to tell you. A majority of these ship mates are from the Philippines or India and get paid peanuts, a mavic would be a nice bonus.

Sounds like it might not be hitting the dock until after i get back.. I'll gladly go down and onto the ship and fetch it for you. Awesome news they got it back to you and honest enough to tell you. A majority of these ship mates are from the Philippines or India and get paid peanuts, a mavic would be a nice bonus.
Yeah. Maybe they didn't know what to make of it. They said they called the Coast Guard and asked them what to do and they told them to hold onto it in case someone came looking for it.
I think I may have talked to one of your coworkers already. I called Tempco and they gave me someone else to call. I didn't catch the persons name (some services company?) but they took my name and number and said the ship would be docking around the 4th and they would get the Mavic for me and give me call.

I think that's the best idea I've seen so far, if the ship is still there

Wouldn’t waiting at this point make more sense?
If it hadn’t already been retrieved by the crew he would probably have to get express permission before even trying to grab something off that ship, it’s probably not US based and under a foreign law trespassing and the Coast Guard could possibly get involved if they took offense to trying to touch anything on that ship. I don’t know all the maritime laws but I’m pretty sure it could turn on the Drones owner if a unauthorized attempt were made, plus the risk to another drone with all that metal and the radios and radar system on it he could loose 2 drones.

Last edited:
You missed a part of the story. I am familiar with this area so last Sunday I flew my mavic out to ship to see if drone was there. It was windy but light was good and I could see deck very well. I could not see drone or the little can shown in zaces video. I brought my mavic back and was about to get another battery when zaces pulled up in his car. For a second I was thinking oh oh here comes undercover security but zaces said hey are you looking for my mavic? After a chuckle we studied the photos and agreed the drone was not on the deck nor was the metal can near the crash site that was visible on video the day before. This raised the possibility that a crewman had picked up both objects within the prior 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman