DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Home Point Reset After DJI GO 4 Crashed

Khog

Reactions
Two days ago I was flying my Mavic Pro over St. Augustine beach. As has been happening since the Spark was introduced, the DJI GO 4 app crashed midflight. The problem was that when I restarted the app, the battery on the Mavic was low and went into the RTH mode. This would normally be ok, but this time I noticed the home point was over the ocean, where the drone was located when the app restarted. If I hadn't paused the flight and manually flown the Mavic over the beach and landed it, the RTH would have landed it in the ocean. I am appealing to DJI to fix the crashing issue on the DJI GO 4 app as soon as possible!

Can we check out your TXT flight logs? If so, please upload them here and post a link back here.

Yes, I just wanted to check out the TXT flight log.

Do you have the other flight log (after DJI GO was restarted)?

Agree the APP crashing is an issue as the RTH point resets. (I guess this is reason to set RTH to the controller setting not the Mavic, (?))

Agree the APP crashing is an issue as the RTH point resets
Where do you see the home point resetting? Or are you referring to some of your own flight logs that show that happening?

The .DAT file will include the part covered by the .txt, the app crash, and what happened while there was no app including any resetting of the home point. It will also include and the remainder of the flight; i.e. that part covered by the next .txt. Look here to see how to retrieve the .DAT. It will be large so you'll have to Dropbox or GoogleDive it and post a link.

Yes, I just wanted to check out the TXT flight log.

Do you have the other flight log (after DJI GO was restarted)?
No, for some reason I can't the txt log from after the app crashed. When I look at the flight record on the app, it only shows the flight after the app crash. DJI just needs to correct this issue with the app, because it's not just happening to me.

Agree the APP crashing is an issue as the RTH point resets. (I guess this is reason to set RTH to the controller setting not the Mavic, (?))
Yes, I think I will change the homepoint to the controller from now on.

The .DAT file will include the part covered by the .txt, the app crash, and what happened while there was no app including any resetting of the home point. It will also include and the remainder of the flight; i.e. that part covered by the next .txt. Look here to see how to retrieve the .DAT. It will be large so you'll have to Dropbox or GoogleDive it and post a link.
Ok, I'll try that.

No, for some reason I can't the txt log from after the app crashed.
In that case, we'll definitely need the DAT flight log to figure out what happened.

In that case, we'll definitely need the DAT flight log to figure out what happened.
After talking to my co-worker today, who owns an inspire drone, we believe that the home point changed because the battery level became critical and needed to land.

we believe that the home point changed because the battery level became critical and needed to land.
That doesn't actually change the home point. When the battery reaches the critically low level, the Mavic will auto land at its current location (by design). If you check out the GPS coordinates in the DAT flight log, you should see that the home point did not change after DJI GO was restarted.

That doesn't actually change the home point. When the battery reaches the critically low level, the Mavic will auto land at its current location (by design). If you check out the GPS coordinates in the DAT flight log, you should see that the home point did not change after DJI GO was restarted.
That's probably right. I think from now on I will set the homepoint as my controller, so that I can always bring it back to where I am.

Where do you see the home point resetting? Or are you referring to some of your own flight logs that show that happening?
Sorry, I was talking about hearing, "The home point has been set, please check it on the map". After I would get my DJI Go App running again. However, after reading more topics it sounds like the only time the "Mavic" records a new home point is when the motors first start up. (?) (I'll try to ensure I hear the home point message the next time this happens, but I guess just because I hear those words does not mean it "changed" in the Mavic?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload