DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recall needed? Those with video and other connection problems, what month was your Mavic ordered?

• Total voters

baweber

Reactions
Using latest software - My drone is unusable at this time - seems to get worse every time I use it. I now get almost constant warning messages - including "Disconnected" when Mavic and controller are within 50 feet! It is impossible to rely on the video as well as it is completely garbled. Last flight gave me multiple - “Compass error. Move aircraft or calibrate compass” while I was flying - and I calibrated the compass just before the flight. I wanted to do a POI video, but the controller icon actually disappeared from the screen while I was flying! Not possible anyway because the transmitted video was so bad I could not tell what I was looking at! Here is a frame while trying to line up over a fountain.BAW v2.jpg

Then the app went black after a "Disconnected" message while the drone hovered in place. I entered the app again and quickly landed. This is the final screen shot - it is an incomplete picture of the asphalt where I landed at the home point, while app is saying what you see -

BAW v5.jpg

By the way - checked the warning log in the app to write down all the problems, and it showed NOTHING after "Home Point Recorded"

Reactions: bostonvendetta
I'm still ignoring it myself.
Got a good lesson while messing up w/ those streaming boxes, that every time there's a FW update it's either break something or made something unusable.
Just my own personal experienced.

Reactions: timesnaps
Using latest software - My drone is unusable at this time - seems to get worse every time I use it. I now get almost constant warning messages - including "Disconnected" when Mavic and controller are within 50 feet! It is impossible to rely on the video as well as it is completely garbled. Last flight gave me multiple - “Compass error. Move aircraft or calibrate compass” while I was flying - and I calibrated the compass just before the flight. I wanted to do a POI video, but the controller icon actually disappeared from the screen while I was flying! Not possible anyway because the transmitted video was so bad I could not tell what I was looking at! Here is a frame while trying to line up over a fountain.View attachment 9715

Then the app went black after a "Disconnected" message while the drone hovered in place. I entered the app again and quickly landed. This is the final screen shot - it is an incomplete picture of the asphalt where I landed at the home point, while app is saying what you see -

View attachment 9716

What device are you using? I'll bet Android.

one more reason to not fix it, if it aint broke. I learned to ignore the update firmware warnings!
tricky business as up-to-date firmware is a requirement for legal flight under part 107. It'd be nice if stuff just worked as advertised.

Addendum: I just got an email from DJI advising me to downgrade from the latest firmware in order to unlock NFZ areas where I have a COW/A to fly. So basically in order to make my mavic work I need to violate my license guidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy and lervae
You can downgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. If needed, you can download it from the Mavic downloads page.

Were I fly often is 4.9 miles from a non-towered local airport . There's a mountain between this place and the airport so if anything is less than 1000' up it's crashing anyway . This morning I had to check the boxes that I take responsibility for flying there . I've never got that message before . One day we all are going to turn on the Mavic and it will be a useless paperweight .

Were I fly often is 4.9 miles from a non-towered local airport . There's a mountain between this place and the airport so if anything is less than 1000' up it's crashing anyway . This morning I had to check the boxes that I take responsibility for flying there . I've never got that message before . One day we all are going to turn on the Mavic and it will be a useless paperweight .
A paper weight is not useless!
It has a use as a paper weight!
Problem solved!

Reactions: ted35 and Squamer
Someone had a similar problem on a brand new drone in the help section. The video feed was messed up, it showed mostly green. They solved the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO4, worth a shot at least.

My Mavic has disconnected from the rc at least 5 times. Interestingly every time it was less than 100ft from me. 3 times it reconnected on its own, twice I had to restart the rc and it reconnected when I restarted. I'm using a galaxy s2 tab but that shouldn't effect the rc right?

You can downgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. If needed, you can download it from the Mavic downloads page.
My Mavic is now useless after going to 3.05, with constant multiple warnings and disconnects, and virtually no transmitted video, with 16 satellites it says NO GPS and asks to turn on the tablet GPS! (I always have it in airplane mode) I have contacted support and they just asked me to install the software again. I downloaded DJI GO4 to my tablet again (2015 Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 - 10" screen 32Gb running 6.01) and there was no change Now I finally managed to get DJI Assistant to recognize my Mavic from my HP laptop (Turned off USB monitoring in Bitdefender) Then went to downloads and saw that I could downgrade to version 3.04. After about 15 minutes it got to 100% and said the download failed! I tried again and it immediately said failed again. I started Assistant again and tried to upgrade to 3.055. Same thing after 15 minutes - failed. I have no more options. I'm trying to make a living with aerial photography, and my Mavic is now nothing more than a paperweight!

I realize this is very complex technology, but the software and procedures to implement it are very disorganized and lacking solid instructions. It takes hours online just to start getting answers - and then they don't work!

My Mavic is now useless after going to 3.05, with constant multiple warnings and disconnects, and virtually no transmitted video, with 16 satellites it says NO GPS and asks to turn on the tablet GPS! (I always have it in airplane mode) I have contacted support and they just asked me to install the software again. I downloaded DJI GO4 to my tablet again (2015 Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 - 10" screen 32Gb running 6.01) and there was no change Now I finally managed to get DJI Assistant to recognize my Mavic from my HP laptop (Turned off USB monitoring in Bitdefender) Then went to downloads and saw that I could downgrade to version 3.04. After about 15 minutes it got to 100% and said the download failed! I tried again and it immediately said failed again. I started Assistant again and tried to upgrade to 3.055. Same thing after 15 minutes - failed. I have no more options. I'm trying to make a living with aerial photography, and my Mavic is now nothing more than a paperweight!

I realize this is very complex technology, but the software and procedures to implement it are very disorganized and lacking solid instructions. It takes hours online just to start getting answers - and then they don't work!

Try updating directly through the tablet using dji go 4 over wifi. I just completed using this method myself.

Try updating directly through the tablet using dji go 4 over wifi. I just completed using this method myself.
That's what I did - un-installed GO4, rebooted and re-installed it - my tablet only has WiFi. No point in putting Assistant on my tablet to try anything unless I get a cable with micro connectors on both ends longer than the DJI supplied 2" one used on the controller to connect a phone.

OK so I tried again, and this time turned on the radio control unit also. Where does it tell you to do that? So - - Mavic USB connection to PC, controller also on and connected in OPTI Mode. DJI Assistant started and recognized the drone. Tried to downgrade to 3.04 and it worked! About to have severe storms here and no time now to fly today - so tomorrow afternoon will check out the results.

I had those exact symptoms. Turned out the short, flat, DJI microUSB cable between the RC and the android device had become compromised (pinched/crushed) from repeated movement of the phone clamp on the left side. It was subtle, but all of a sudden I was getting the display symptoms you have. Changed to a new one, and it returned back to normal.

If you don't have another DJI short cable, any standard data cable will work (just plug it into the bottom port on the remote).

Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000