DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic looses RC Signal after take off when < 2m away

Hi Kabauterman,
had the same issue this morning:
first RC disconnect(s) ever!
until now (I have around 20 flights) I only had 2 APP freezes yet - but they disappeared with firmware)

This morning the first RC signal lost error appeared 3m away from me!
I waited a bit, first thought it was app freeze again - but the remote couldnt control the drone.
It hovered there for a few seconds didnt RTH either here.
I did shutdown the remote, and turned it on again.
regained control immediatly, and right after having video again - the app (Litchi) tried to initiate landing (which i canceled).

Had another short (3sek) disconnect in 100m alt again in the same fligh. But it came back quick without restart.
then brought it straight down (I was not far away - just went straight up to take pics of sunset with fog).
Once down in around 4m alt - I had a disconnect again.

here is a link to the log data on HealthyDrones: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I didnt do the most current firmware update yet (since everything worked fine the last flights and I didnt wanna mess it up).
thanks for any tips, really decreases my confidence in this copter.
Greets, RCSchim

short update of today: did 2 more flights - this time in -6°C with slight fog and rising sun. Awesome video and photo results (check RCSchim on youtube soon).
No issues - but the signal map in healthydrones appears red and purple since i changed to litchi.
I dont think this means, the signal is actually worse than before - mabe the logging in litchi is differen from dji go when it comes to signal strenght? looks suspecious to me!

anyone else compared litchi vs dji go logfiles on healthydrones?

Hey Guys,

I had the Exact same Problem.. Worst part: It didnt even record the flight logs. 3 times in about 7 Flights i had complete loss of RC Connection and had to do all sort of restarts and unplugging to regain control but could only fight against the autolanding.. On other flights everything works. The last one was on top of a mountain and it lost signal in the moment where i switched to poi Mode. it the started to land and i catched it. started again and it worked. But it didnt saved the logs. for the other flight i just found the logs. it was crazy. Here are the logs.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Really scary, I go to asia in January and want to fly over the water. I am not a noob at all and did everything correctly. Anyone have an Idea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.48.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.48.40.png
    94 KB · Views: 25
I didnt do the most current firmware update yet (since everything worked fine the last flights and I didnt wanna mess it up).
thanks for any tips, really decreases my confidence in this copter.
Greets, RCSchim
I am usually a "don't try to fix it if it ain't broken" type of guy. So, I usually don't upgrade firmware when I'm generally happy with the old firmware. Maybe that's why you didn't update. You are having trouble so, maybe it's time to update the firmware.

Hey Guys,

Really scary, I go to asia in January and want to fly over the water. I am not a noob at all and did everything correctly. Anyone have an Idea?

Hi, I viewed your log and under "Sensors" you see the RSSI signal and it got really bad (purple) and 325 (where lower is better and everything above 100 is terrible I guess).
I noticed that my first flights were all green (when I used DJI go) and now with Litchi they are not so good - but this could be false recorded data also...

As posted above - my next flights after the Issue - I had no issues at all (2x 18mins flights in -6C).
Maybe I will try to fly at the same sport again where I had the connection issues - maybe it is really a huge interference up there (but it's only a farm on a hill up there).

Reactions: fryheit
I am usually a "don't try to fix it if it ain't broken" type of guy. So, I usually don't upgrade firmware when I'm generally happy with the old firmware. Maybe that's why you didn't update. You are having trouble so, maybe it's time to update the firmware.
you're right - I will do a firmware upgrade, and also will go to DJI Go 4 and get rid of Litchi (atm). Although I dont think the connection issues here have anything to do with the app...

One thing I dont like about Litchi: you cant access some of the basic settings that DJI go shows (like calibrate, set gimbal speed...)

Hi, I viewed your log and under "Sensors" you see the RSSI signal and it got really bad (purple) and 325 (where lower is better and everything above 100 is terrible I guess).
I noticed that my first flights were all green (when I used DJI go) and now with Litchi they are not so good - but this could be false recorded data also...

As posted above - my next flights after the Issue - I had no issues at all (2x 18mins flights in -6C).
Maybe I will try to fly at the same sport again where I had the connection issues - maybe it is really a huge interference up there (but it's only a farm on a hill up there).
Seems like the disconnects in these posts might be similar to this thread. New to Mavic, lost conection between remote and drone.
We looked at the RC-connectedness data in the .DAT file which is recorded on the Mavic, not the tablet. Basically, there is a disconnect with no apparent cause. Look here if interested.

The Mavic transmits signal strengtt info to the RC. If Litchi is being used thjat info then gets written into the .csv log file under the columns downlinkSignalQuality and uplinkSignalQuality. If DJI Go App is being used that info is not saved to the .txt.

In the case of a DJI Go App .txt file HealthyDrones uses the data rate of certain records as a proxy for signal strength. I don't know what it does with a .csv log file from Litchi, but would suppose that it uses downlinkSignalQuality and uplinkSignalQuality.

Had similar problems on first flights, lost signal for video feedback.
Shut wifi of on my iPhone and problems went away.
Theory: Wifi-signal was interfering
I had a poor wifi-signal from home network.
I was prompted that i got a lost signal, and a question "Do you want to activate RTH"
I actually tried that, used the slider to initiate RTH but it nothing happened.

Reactions: Fahr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1