DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Meets Canary...

thefrisbee995

Reactions
Went away for a week in Fuerteventura which is one of the Spanish Canary Islands last week and came back with some pretty awesome footage. Only some of it is in the video I made but if you are a Mavic Pilot, I'd defiantly recommend the place if you're bringing your drone. Only annoying thing is avoiding getting too much sand in your mavic when taking off and landing near/ around the dunes!

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Nice! I bet those beaches at 00:35 make some great wave splashes when it's windy!
The island is apparently windy most of the time. It was around 20mph winds (particularly to the north of the island) the whole time I was there. They also have semi-regular sand storms come across from the Sahara (West). The point (0:35) you mention was getting waves crashing about 20ft high shortly after recording this, I wish I had a 3rd battery so I could have caught it!

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
"Too much sand". Any sand at all, as in, not one grain. This is a hand launch/land no brainer situation. It's easy, learn to do it. Canary Islands are some of the best sites in the world for astrophotography due to its Bortle rating, so if you go back, bring a tripod.

"Too much sand". Any sand at all, as in, not one grain. This is a hand launch/land no brainer situation. It's easy, learn to do it. Canary Islands are some of the best sites in the world for astrophotography due to its Bortle rating, so if you go back, bring a tripod.
I found sand all over me after walking across the dunes and still in my mavic even catching it :( True, the Islands are amazing and give some very interesting places to fly. I only flew my drone over a small area just to get these shots. If I had some more time, I would be able to get some truly amazing shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots