DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 1 vs. Mini 2 comparison

In S mode the tilt has been increased to 40deg, but the gimbal mechanical range limits are +/-35deg in roll and upward tilt so don't expect full stabilisation when in S mode.

I've played with the parameters for the tilt on the MM1 and going beyond 35deg tilt limits does result in non horizontal horizons when flying sideways, and significant up/down jump when flying forwards and either looking straight ahead or down at -90deg.

Last edited:
DJI just offered me $211 for my MM and only $88 for my Phantom 3 Standard to trade up for the new MM2 but before I trade my Mini I think I'll wait to see how the little bird works out.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Here is my quandary.

I ordered a skin from my Mini 1 from Decal Girl. I made the order sometime the last week of September and because of my distance and possible COVID situation, I only received the skin today, 5 November.

This skin will also fit the Mini 2 like a glove. It is just there, fresh and screaming to be installed.

Now, do I install this on my Mini 1 or take a bit of time and see if the Mini 2 bug bites me and I have to buy an, errrrrr, Ocusync controller?

?
That skin puts it over weight as i found out. waiting for the skin for the air 2 from wrapgrade buy the . And buy the Air 2 ,it has the size and features the mini will never have . And i know from owning both drones the MA2 handles the wind waaaayyy better .

Good luck ,Fly safe

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 39
So here's what I got based on what I can find from online sources:

- Mini 2 has faster overall speed topping at 16 m/s
- Minimal increase in battery life at 31 minutes vs. 30 minutes
- Level 5 wind resistance (>8.5 m/s) vs. level 4 (8 m/s)
- Mini 2 has 4k recording up to 30 fps
- Mini 2 has up to 4x zoom, lossless at 2x
- Video Bitrate is at 100Mbps vs 40Mbps
- Mini 2 can now shoot RAW
- 10km flight range vs. 4km
- Video transmission system now utilizes OcuSync 2.0 with 8 Mbps max bitrate
- Added features include Panorama, Enhanced Photos (not sure how this works), and Trimmed Download (can cut long clips directly from DJI Fly app)

Size and weight are still basically the same. The Mini 2 is priced at 449 USD for the Standard Package and 599 USD for the Fly More Combo.
I purchased a mini 2 fly more combo from the DJI store minutes after launch for $559USD

Reactions: Rana Jehanzeb

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian