DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini issues.

Andym123

Reactions
Hello all, so I’m posting to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I am or maybe knows of a fix. So done an imu calibration on the mini today, not for any reason except I hadn’t carried out one since my first flight over a month ago. This a weird problem so I’ll explain as best as I can. Mini in sport mode, but barely reaching 8mph, eventually forward travel stops then rapidly descends to ground. No control input stops this descending. Now the other weird bit, this doesn’t happen flying backwards or rolling to any side, only forwards so that rules out wind ( was barely 5mph wind to add ). Also it mainly happens when flying south or west or anywhere in between those too. I can’t get my head round this and think I may have to send in to DJI hoping I get some ideas here though. Thanks in advance ?

sounds like a faulty drone did you get the care refresh hope you get it sorted

No I didn’t get the refresh, I do have it with my mav 2 zoom but gambled with the mini, however at just over a month old I’m sure this issue will be under warranty when the logs are viewed if I send to DJI. I’m going to try reflash latest firmware and do another imu calibration before sending to DJI

No I didn’t get the refresh, I do have it with my mav 2 zoom but gambled with the mini, however at just over a month old I’m sure this issue will be under warranty when the logs are viewed if I send to DJI. I’m going to try reflash latest firmware and do another imu calibration before sending to DJI
may i ask why you did the IMU calibration a month ago, did it ask you to do it or was it something you did because the problem existed then

however at just over a month old I’m sure this issue will be under warranty when the logs are viewed if I send to DJI.

I would certainly post the flight logs here first, get some expert analysis to see if it is visible in any way in that data . . . it's always good to know what DJI is likely to report back to you, and if it is clearly some sort of problem with the drone systems, you can include a printed copy to show you know it's a warranty issue.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Follow the instructions, upload your flight record (where that occurred) from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data, and you can post a link back here to it.

may i ask why you did the IMU calibration a month ago, did it ask you to do it or was it something you did because the problem existed then
The only issue I’ve had previously is that it seemed to lose height when braking from forward speed that’s why I done the calibration today. Is it possible the calibration procedure can be carried out incorrectly ?

Mavic Mini has been reported by a few people to have this problem! See:

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what it’s doing. Error msg showing as well Weird it only seems to happen flying a certain direction but perhaps just coincidence?

I would certainly post the flight logs here first, get some expert analysis to see if it is visible in any way in that data . . . it's always good to know what DJI is likely to report back to you, and if it is clearly some sort of problem with the drone systems, you can include a printed copy to show you know it's a warranty issue.

Follow the instructions, upload your flight record (where that occurred) from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data, and you can post a link back here to it.
I will attempt to do this I’d really like some help / answers to this issue, I’ve pretty much lost all confidence in it at the moment !

I will attempt to do this I’d really like some help / answers to this issue, I’ve pretty much lost all confidence in it at the moment !

Sad when that happens, good to trust your equipment.
Why I'll hold off a while on the mini, look at it again if / when doing next major travel stint . . . if regs in most countries stay sub 250g with less mucking about.

I'd suggest you submit a log file of a flight that illustrates the problem for the experts here to examine. The flight should basically show all the behaviors you noted, finishing with the uncommanded descent and auto-landing. They can tell you everything you want to know.

I'd suggest you submit a log file of a flight that illustrates the problem for the experts here to examine. The flight should basically show all the behaviors you noted, finishing with the uncommanded descent and auto-landing. They can tell you everything you want to know.
Defo going to do that once I work out how, having some pc troubles at the moment so will get them uploaded ASAP.

Ok so it’s Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to everyone ! Anyway my laptop is playi g up and I can’t access iTunes for my logs but here is a link where the air data log can be viewed. Shows at the end aircraft descending without any control input. Also shows aircraft flying backwards ok and only when trying to go forwards the issue occurring. Hopefully someone who understands this better than me can make some sense of it. Thanks in advance.

Ps when you click link at top left corner it’ll take you to air data. Flight playback can be viewed in notifications setting along with control and telemetry.

I have no great expertise in flight data analysis but take off battery 32%, 40%? All my drones come home at 30%.
Surely should be coming home at that level not taking off. Charge your batteries to 100% and have another go maybe.
If there is a fault maybe thinks your battery(s) are not fully charged.
Maybe too obvious so shall leave to the experts to chime in.

I have no great expertise in flight data analysis but take off battery 32%, 40%? All my drones come home at 30%.
Surely should be coming home at that level not taking off. Charge your batteries to 100% and have another go maybe.
If there is a fault maybe thinks your battery(s) are not fully charged.
Maybe too obvious so shall leave to the experts to chime in.
I know my 1st thoughts were battery issues but tried it with a fresh battery and still same. Lot of info going around regarding faulty props, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this is it kinda makes sense, think they poss fatiguing with use !

Hello all, so I’m posting to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I am or maybe knows of a fix. So done an imu calibration on the mini today, not for any reason except I hadn’t carried out one since my first flight over a month ago. This a weird problem so I’ll explain as best as I can. Mini in sport mode, but barely reaching 8mph, eventually forward travel stops then rapidly descends to ground. No control input stops this descending. Now the other weird bit, this doesn’t happen flying backwards or rolling to any side, only forwards so that rules out wind ( was barely 5mph wind to add ). Also it mainly happens when flying south or west or anywhere in between those too. I can’t get my head round this and think I may have to send in to DJI hoping I get some ideas here though. Thanks in advance ?
You are lucky yiou can fly your Mavic Mini. I just got my Mavic Mini this week. .it basically is grounded, cannot fly it anywhere awaiting this ‘late December’ firmware update that they’ve promised .

You are lucky yiou can fly your Mavic Mini. I just got my Mavic Mini this week. .it basically is grounded, cannot fly it anywhere awaiting this ‘late December’ firmware update that they’ve promised .
I can fly yes but for the flying I want to do it isn’t worth the risk now. ( over rivers, lochs etc). Only flying I’ll be doing is after I change the props for test purposes. Rain here for next few days so need to wait for a break in that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter