DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini landing gear

thermalflyer

Reactions
Looking for recommendations about landing gears. which one of these could be better option specially in term of easy attach and remove?
Please do recommend other landing gear you have used .... Screenshot_20191217-171408.jpgScreenshot_20191217-171557.jpgScreenshot_20191217-171741.jpg

Reactions: Mrveronn
I have not used one and not planing to use one, but i like the last one you've posted. I love how it looks, clean and professional, even solid or durable as it sustains the body of the drone and not just the arms.

i must agree the one that fits to the body of the drone, is the best option no strain on the arms

I already look at the third one. I prefere it because it fits to the body. I think that the others can affect the transmission as i think the antenas are in front legs?

Just a reflection regarding take off & touch down stability ... with support just under the body wouldn't it be more prone to tip over if the HP isn't either leveled or smooth enough? With extensions out on the legs maximum stability is achieved ...

Can already in my mind see the mini tip over when landing on a softer lawn (where extensions is really good to have on) & chew into the grass before the props have stopped completely ...

I already look at the third one. I prefere it because it fits to the body. I think that the others can affect the transmission as i think the antenas are in front legs?
Without mention could affect the heat dissipation from the batteries. As the design is the one I most like.

like others i’m using the landing gear from PYGTECH ..no issues with transmission and i live in snow country i like the extra clearance

What about the ease of attaching and re attaching ... I happened to have fly more combo and I heard they don't fit in ...
like others i’m using the landing gear from PYGTECH ..no issues with transmission and i live in snow country i like the extra clearance

On my Air I have these similar to the #1 pic. Have never been a problem ... either when it comes to shielding the wifi or mounting/dismounting, it takes just seconds to attach. Footprint similar to original. I would vote for something as your first picture.

2019-12-17_15-28-41.jpg

Reactions: Stevee7270
I am happy with the PYGTECH. Ground clearance is a big plus for me. If needed they can be removed easily. I leave mine on,, as I have repackaged my MM gear in a larger box. I have seen another post (picture) with the front gear removed to fit in a combo box.

Last edited:
if thats the case , i think these are the best ....
I am happy with the PYGTECH. Ground clearance is a big plus for me. If needed they can be removed easily. I leave mine on,, as I have repackaged by MM gear in a larger box. I have seen another post (picture) with the front gear removed to fit in a combo box.

Will any of these cause the Payload Mode to activate? With the Prop Guards on it automatically comes on and can't see a way to shut it off. I am not sure what the additional weight tipping point is to activate this but wondering if these would do it.

Reactions: old man mavic
I fly with them, a Firehouse LED, and a (decal) skin. All up (flight) weight at 275g. I have not seen the payload warning. I do not fly with prop guards. MMweight.jpg

Will any of these cause the Payload Mode to activate? With the Prop Guards on it automatically comes on and can't see a way to shut it off. I am not sure what the additional weight tipping point is to activate this but wondering if these would do it.
[/QUOT
it depends what sort of make you get and the additional weight they impose on the drone,there is a slider in the app that allows you to activate the payload mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod