DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastin1

Reactions
I just received my Mavic Mini and had an error message telling me the mini was overheating and I should turn it off. The mini was not in flight but was sitting on my office desk. I had the unit on and was familiarizing myself with all the menu options when I got the message. It probably set for 15 to 20 minutes while on. Has anyone else seen this message? Should I be concerned?

I just received my Mavic Mini and had an error message telling me the mini was overheating and I should turn it off. The mini was not in flight but was sitting on my office desk. I had the unit on and was familiarizing myself with all the menu options when I got the message. It probably set for 15 to 20 minutes while on. Has anyone else seen this message? Should I be concerned?
just remember there is no cooling fan in the MM and therefore no air flow through it when it is just sitting still ,to overcome this issue just get a small desk fan and have it blowing over it as you do updates etc

The two already stated it. But yes, aircraft just sitting without airflow it can overheat. Not an issue just yet, but try to avoid these circumstances as much as possible. Take it out in the fresh air/ let it hover as you familiarize yourself with the drone.

Reactions: old man mavic
Would some 'speed holes' drilled in the body let convection do it's thing, or would you think that would do more harm than good?

How about this,it might end up sending it miles away but will definitely keep it cool.??.Seriously,just a small fan about £4 on eBay will do just fine?View attachment 88032
that would keep it cool, if you could ever find it afterwards

Reactions: scooot
風がなければ非常に暑くなります。

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
You can start the motors and leave them idling without taking off. This seems to produce enough airflow to keep it cool from my experience.

You can start the motors and leave them idling without taking off. This seems to produce enough airflow to keep it cool from my experience.
probably not the best idea especially if you are doing updates although it is small it can still do damage if it suddenly took off

probably not the best idea especially if you are doing updates although it is small it can still do damage if it suddenly took off

I don't think it is possible to run the motors during an update or start an update while the motors are running. I couldn't think of any reason the drone would take off suddenly, short of a sensor error. But I agree there is probably some small risk involved. I've done it a number of times with no issues.

Reactions: old man mavic
I don't think it is possible to run the motors during an update or start an update while the motors are running. I couldn't think of any reason the drone would take off suddenly, short of a sensor error. But I agree there is probably some small risk involved. I've done it a number of times with no issues.
thats fair enough i hope that it is a very rare happening , but during an update that can take several minutes then a fan blowing on the MM would still be the best option the fan on my MPP always cuts in during an update

A big thanks for everyone's reply. Now that I understand the problem I'm not overly concerned. I used a small fan today in front of the mini to keep it from overheating and it solved my problem. So far, for the money, I'm impressed with what this drone can do. For the money It would be hard pressed to buy a quality digital camera, and this one flies!

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13