DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Range! Pushing the limits!

I can only say some of you guys have extremely good eyesight or I have an incorrect interpretation of direct line of sight.

Reactions: Mavic Mini
I can discover exoplanets with my own eyes. Too bad it's cloudy here right now.

(and sorry for ruining theat thread!)

Signal strength bar
Ok I only have the RC bar and it stays full. I lose my fpv signal
before anything else and know it when my screen starts pixelating.
Mine is ether full or none. Wish it had both signal bars like the go app.
?‍♂️

Ok I only have the RC bar and it stays full. I lose my fpv signal
before anything else and know it when my screen starts pixelating.
Mine is ether full or none. Wish it had both signal bars like the go app.
?‍♂️

You use FLY right? If i remember correctly, the RC strength have three bars over a dot.

You guys have done a lot farther than I have but as a novice I've done 4800' feet out over a lake. Should I get range extenders?

You guys have done a lot farther than I have but as a novice I've done 4800' feet out over a lake. Should I get range extenders?
How high you fly? I think you shouldn't have signal boosters because DJI has said they even disrupt quadcopter performance and can lead to a crash!

How high you fly? I think you shouldn't have signal boosters because DJI has said they even disrupt quadcopter performance and can lead to a crash!
Where does this come from? Actually Parabolics are a must for Mavic Mini users. And I don't see why it would crash more often with it rather than without. Then if I'm wrong I'll be happy someone enlightens me.

Where does this come from? Actually Parabolics are a must for Mavic Mini users. And I don't see why it would crash more often with it rather than without. Then if I'm wrong I'll be happy someone enlightens me.
Then why are the signal boosters for Mavic Mini not in the official DJI store? They are not even mentioned!

Then why are the signal boosters for Mavic Mini not in the official DJI store? They are not even mentioned!
Why would they offer a range booster in their store? Those boosters or third party accessories are specifically to go beyond what DJI makes. Actually, I don't see your point. Anyway, from my experience (and many other Mini users) it's totally safe. Check out videos on youtube. :)

I tried a combination of parabolic and yagis yesterday on my CE mini, I reached 2000m before losing connection but after 1500 I would not use it for smooth video

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1