DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Range! Pushing the limits!

I sent mine out over 10,000 feet before in the country line of sight.
“Line of sight” means being able to see the aircraft, and it’s orientation with the unaided eye. At 10,000ft that is simply humanly impossible given the known acuity of the human eye.

Reactions: Mavic Mini
First flight. Stock CE mini. 2,4GHz auto freq. Rural area with 20m tall trees. 80m height about 500m distance, after that warnings and low signal icon appeared.
Parrot Anafi was doing about 800m in same conditions (FCC hacked). I thought I could get 1000m with mini, I'm a bit dissapointed, but 500m is enough safe distance for me anyway.

I just managed 1.8km today (with Yagis)
Also, I think that the mavic mini works on FCC mode in Argentina, as the signal graph shows -110db instead of the -90.

This was also a shakedown cruise, as I finally got the replacement left forward arm for it.

Image from iOS.jpg

I had been flying with the fixed arm during the last four months with no issues, yet having it once again in pristine condition feels good. No difference whatsoever on flight characteristics.

Last edited:
What is the furthest you’ve flown your Mavic Mini (feet)? In urban areas and rural settings?
I went up about 100 feet and out about 1.8 miles one way over water when I first started with my MP. Circled a lighthouse and came back. Almost ran out of battery power was down to 2%. All stock. No extenders. I wouldn’t have the guts or the knucklehead attitude to do it again.

Last edited:

Range test vid, with Spanish audio because I didn't think I was gonna upload it

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks