DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini requires update but ''ínstallation failed code 90003''

Jerry67

Reactions
A friend of my bought a second hand Mini but it will not update the required firmware.
I tried myselft but no joy. Each time at arounf 61% in updating process I get the message: ''ínstallation failed code 90003''.
Googled the error but nothing found.
Anyone any idea what that means and possible solution?

Cheers!

Please, turn the mini to 5.8Ghz and connect your phone to wifi with 2.4Ghz, or the oposite (depends on your router).

If there is a "connectivity" compatibility issue with the frequencies, wouldn't the error show long before 61% installed?

Please, turn the mini to 5.8Ghz and connect your phone to wifi with 2.4Ghz, or the oposite (depends on your router).
Thanks! Tried that and found out that the transmission channels disappear after a few seconds. All the bars are empty. Thus cannot select manual mode for 5.8Ghz. Also the battery indicator icon becomes empty (no digits) Strange thing is that drone somehowe s still connected because I see a live image from the gimball camera.

I suspect there is a transmission issue preventing the update. Hope there is a way to work around this...

Try update it with DJI Assistant 2, perhaps something is wrong because of the previous incompleted installations. Update both, mm and controller.

Try update it with DJI Assistant 2, perhaps something is wrong because of the previous incompleted installations. Update both, mm and controller.
DJI Assistant never worked with my own Mavic on our pc but it worked on my son's laptop the program at least ran. However when I ran it with my friends Mini it continuously restarted in a loop with the message 'please reconnect the usb cable if the assistant cannot reach the drone fore 5 minutes after drone rebooting'. ? Think the Mini is knackered.....

DJI Assistant never worked with my own Mavic on our pc but it worked on my son's laptop the program at least ran. However when I ran it with my friends Mini it continuously restarted in a loop with the message 'please reconnect the usb cable if the assistant cannot reach the drone fore 5 minutes after drone rebooting'. ? Think the Mini is knackered.....

a mistake i made on first tries is that i was in rush to connect the MM to usb. The "correct" procedure is: Open Assistant 2, open MM and WAIT till you see the yellow-green light and THEN connect it to USB port (in 10 seconds). I did not wait enough for the MM full initialision.

a mistake i made on first tries is that i was in rush to connect the MM to usb. The "correct" procedure is: Open Assistant 2, open MM and WAIT till you see the yellow-green light and THEN connect it to USB port (in 10 seconds). I did not wait enough for the MM full initialision.
Cheers PanX for the suggestion! I tried is but the light only shows red. Assistant 2 would not even start up with seeing the Mini. Stange thing is that I was able to 'update' the 'fly safe' or whatwever it wat called ;) with the normal updating via controller and phone. (the database which enable or not to fly in a certain airspace...)

Cheers PanX for the suggestion! I tried is but the light only shows red. Assistant 2 would not even start up with seeing the Mini. Stange thing is that I was able to 'update' the 'fly safe' or whatwever it wat called ;) with the normal updating via controller and phone. (the database which enable or not to fly in a certain airspace...)

apparently flysafe database is only in phone and dont need connection with the aircaft and, sadly, apparently MM is in "brick" mode.. and can not initialise any connection with anything, its a common situation when a connection breaks while we put a new firmware in something, i am sure there is a way around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos