DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rocket Pocket

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Its been 5 weeks I got my mavic mini. I love all the features and functionality of mavic mini. However, i was trying to make a video while riding a car. Surprisingly, after every 49 ft the drone would stop and give a warning sigh “ maximum altitude reached return home” it was really frustrating. I was expecting the Mavic Mini would update its home point with the remote controller location. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get anything anywhere that would help me to return the drone to my remote controller location instead home going back to home. Can you guys please help me with it.

Reactions: Dbez1
You can update your "home" location whilst flying which will be the current remote location this is in the settings. But if you are moving in a Vehicle it will always be out of date if you are constantly moving.
It does not automatically update the home position by itself.
Don't know if that helps you a little

You can update your "home" location whilst flying which will be the current remote location this is in the settings. But if you are moving in a Vehicle it will always be out of date if you are constantly moving.
It does not automatically update the home position by itself.
Don't know if that helps you a little
Spot on!

Thanks Thomas for your response. However i did the same while flying the drone. But it gets really challenging when I started to drove on a highway. I was watching a video, don’t remember which dji drone was it. It had that feature where the drone would make the remote control location as home location. Is there any possible way, dji gonna update the firmware to bring those changes ?

Thanks Dave, for your response. However i did the same while flying the drone. But it gets really challenging when I started to drove on a highway. I was watching a video, don’t remember which dji drone was it. It had that feature where the drone would make the remote control location as home location. Is there any possible way, dji gonna update the firmware to bring those changes ?

Thanks Thomas for your response. However i did the same while flying the drone. But it gets really challenging when I started to drove on a highway. I was watching a video, don’t remember which dji drone was it. It had that feature where the drone would make the remote control location as home location. Is there any possible way, dji gonna update the firmware to bring those changes ?
Sorry.... Not sure, but I think that feature was in the MPP. If it was ever available for the M2P I don’t remember. I know I never used it.

I think we’ve all had those moments.
LOL, I have to agree. Bought one for Thanksgiving family reunion, but would never buy a second one. It's fun but will never replace my others. Told my kids and grandkids, who loved flying the mini, to hold off for now. Suggesting a used MP instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000