DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini video flickering help

Dcoe

Reactions
Hi there I am new to the forum so hi everybody I'm just after abit of advice about my mavic mini whenever I film video I'm getting a flickering blur across my videos I will attach a video I have tried changing my camera settings and have tried nd filters
This flight was set at 2.7k 30fps shutter 1/60 and iso set at 100 any advice would be great help thank

Welcome to the forum. My MM has not done this. try a free trial app where you can render to see if it fixes the problem. I suggest the Power Director (Cyberlink) app with free trial.

Attachments

• 9CDC6D99-F06F-4E7A-AC95-F8281AC22A17.jpeg
    9CDC6D99-F06F-4E7A-AC95-F8281AC22A17.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Dcoe
I bought an MM a few days ago and had the same thing... drove me crazy!

I was using a really old video editing app called Videopad... and aside from the flickering, it produced massive files 2GB+ for a short 10 min video.

I tried Filmora 9, and then published from that straight to YouTube.... No flickering!

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies
I am currently using the dji fly app to edit the videos and no matter what I do or what I use I can not seem to stop the flickering I'm starting to think there is something.not quite right with the drone

Thanks for the replies
I am currently using the dji fly app to edit the videos and no matter what I do or what I use I can not seem to stop the flickering I'm starting to think there is something.not quite right with the drone

AS the "flicker" constantly repeats, I wonder if the problem originates with your SD card not being fast enough. What card/classification are you using?

AS the "flicker" constantly repeats, I wonder if the problem originates with your SD card not being fast enough. What card/classification are you using?
Never thought of that it's all new to me I'm using a sandisc ultra 32gb class 10 is this any good or shall I try a diffrent one thanks

Never thought of that it's all new to me I'm using a sandisc ultra 32gb class 10 is this any good or shall I try a diffrent one thanks

I think your card will work fine at the lower resolution 1080 and stills, but may not be fast enough at 2.7. Definitely not at 4K. The V number is important which is the video speed class. V30 is good to go.

Thanks to @Km5er and @msinger for all the helpful info that helped clear things up for me in this THREAD and this VIDEO

You might be using the cached copies of the videos instead of the full res ones on the SD card. If you don't specifically download the vids from the drone/SD card then Fly video editor uses the cache videos, which are kind of like screen recordings of the live video feed and much poorer quality than the full res files on the card. I think that flicker is each new keyframe, which is part of the video encoding process.

My Tello only has the option to record video from the live stream from the drone, and it has exactly the same flicker as your video. Changing the keyframe rate changes the flicker rate - I use a 3rd party app for it that lets you change this. Videos extracted from the cache from my Mini show the same flicker as in your sample video, at the same rate (looks to be 1sec intervals). Videos from the SD card don't have the flicker.

Reactions: Dcoe
Thanks for the replys guys I'm going to order myself a sd card today and try downloading the videos from cache to see if it helps the problem thankyou

Reactions: scro
Pop the SD card into a card reader and view them on a computer - see if the flickering is there on the videos on the card. If it is then a faster card may be needed. If not then the issue is just with the low-res videos in the Fly app cache.

Good luck! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum