DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Owners - Ireland

Hi all,
is there any other Mavic Owner from Naas - Kildare area?

This is the video of the very first flight I had with the Mavic:

Kind Regards,
Grazia

Great video, am just over the border from you in Rathdrum, Co Wicklow

Hello all. Mavic owner in Philadelphia USA traveling throughout Ireland this summer. Any registrations or regulations I should be aware of. All US registrations in place.

Hello all. Mavic owner in Philadelphia USA traveling throughout Ireland this summer. Any registrations or regulations I should be aware of. All US registrations in place.

The regulations here are much stricter than in the US. Max height 120m max distance 300m line of sight, no fly in urban areas, basically not around people - have a look here Drone Regulations & Guidance.

Ireland is a great place to fly so you will enjoy your holiday.

Thank you so much-I look forward to visiting and safely flying the countryside!

Plus only drones over 1kg in weight have to registered in Ireland
This is true but you are then severely limited in your flying at 15m or less height.

Hi all, so I'm in the Naas area and just got my Mavic Pro, what a piece of kit, just want to confirm I'm good to fly it and if I need to register it somewhere. I want to widen my options with it in terms of maybe getting some work with it, what will I need to do?
Thanks in advance

Richie

Hey everyone, hopefully will have the finances next week or so to go for the MP Fly More Combo.
Only negative thing is i'm 4k's from Cork airport, so am i right in thinking that i can't fly at all since i'm in the 4.5k nfz, or is the limit 50m, read a lot of info in the last few days and still unclear about that part..
A part from that i'm like a kid a christmas waiting to place that order.. :)

Hi all, so I'm in the Naas area and just got my Mavic Pro, what a piece of kit, just want to confirm I'm good to fly it and if I need to register it somewhere. I want to widen my options with it in terms of maybe getting some work with it, what will I need to do?
Thanks in advance

Richie
No need to register in Ireland,if the drone less than 1kg limit weight set out by law. Mavic is approx 700g with battery. So just go flying and enjoy !! I've never had anyone enquire if I had registered my drone...sure nearly 150,000 cars uninsured on the roads and still driving around unhindered so don't worry about Garda cracking down on drone laws anytime soon

Reactions: Richiehayes77
No need to register in Ireland,if the drone less than 1kg limit weight set out by law. Mavic is approx 700g with battery. So just go flying and enjoy !! I've never had anyone enquire if I had registered my drone...sure nearly 150,000 cars uninsured on the roads and still driving around unhindered so don't worry about Garda cracking down on drone laws anytime soon

You don't have to insure your car in Ireland?

Reactions: Bazzam
Hey everyone, hopefully will have the finances next week or so to go for the MP Fly More Combo.
Only negative thing is i'm 4k's from Cork airport, so am i right in thinking that i can't fly at all since i'm in the 4.5k nfz, or is the limit 50m, read a lot of info in the last few days and still unclear about that part..
A part from that i'm like a kid a christmas waiting to place that order.. :)
Download the "UAV forecast" app and check your location on the map feature (DJI no fly zones are included).

Download the "UAV forecast" app and check your location on the map feature (DJI no fly zones are included).
At the moment i don't have a phone that will allow me to install uav forcast or even go-4, so i'll also have to buy something before i order my MP
My current phone is over 10 years old :) no need to fix it if it aint broke right.. :)

Consider it now broke you could also think about getting a second hand ipad mini 2 or 4 as a stand alone screen for operating the drone and keep the old reliable phone !

At the moment i don't have a phone that will allow me to install uav forcast or even go-4, so i'll also have to buy something before i order my MP
My current phone is over 10 years old :) no need to fix it if it aint broke right.. :)
1495998645939.png

LOL.... thats true, thanks for that and so far so good with my flying .
Heres some of my first footage.

Reactions: scrib74 and Bazzam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000