DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Owners - Ireland

Correct that you do not need to register your MP. However, if you do not register you are limited to under 15m height - not much use really. I recommend registration so that your are only subject to the higher limits of 120m height and 300m line of sight distance. Enjoy your visit and do visit Bunratty Castle - it is very worth while.
Hi there- I'm coming next week and wanting to know if you can send the link to register for flying while in Ireland. Also, since my phone is with Sprint but I will not have LTE connectivity (GPS), my guess is that I need to put the mavik into wifi mode only? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi there- I'm coming next week and wanting to know if you can send the link to register for flying while in Ireland. Also, since my phone is with Sprint but I will not have LTE connectivity (GPS), my guess is that I need to put the mavik into wifi mode only? Any help is greatly appreciated!
There's no need to register your mavic in ireland - the registration is a piece of government redtape that is not enforced what's so ever, so don't waste your time and effort to be honest.

But if you insist :) :
www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-registration

The mavic has an internal GPS system so you do not need your phone gps activated - although both will work in ireland. Your phone just acts as a screen so does not need to be online etc....make sure all firmware etc is updated prior to travel (if you update your mavic?)

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMoira
And most important, calibrate your compass.

There's no need to register your mavic in ireland - the registration is a piece of government redtape that is not enforced what's so ever, so don't waste your time and effort to be honest.

But if you insist :) :
www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-registration

The mavic has an internal GPS system so you do not need your phone gps activated - although both will work in ireland. Your phone just acts as a screen so does not need to be online etc....make sure all firmware etc is updated prior to travel (if you update your mavic?)
Thank you very much! Looking forward to this trip!!!

Mavic is under 1kg in weight so no need to register, where will you be visiting in Ireland?

I live in County Wicklow (known as the Garden of Ireland) and work in Dublin, feel free to message me if you want to meet up, or just get suggestions for some nice scenic places to fly

Mavic is under 1kg in weight so no need to register, where will you be visiting in Ireland?

I live in County Wicklow (known as the Garden of Ireland) and work in Dublin, feel free to message me if you want to meet up, or just get suggestions for some nice scenic places to fly
Thanks for the invite- looking at the weather forecast from March 22-30, seems windy and wet most of the time. Wind 10-16 mph most days. After arriving in Dublin, we head south to Sally Gap, the Kilkenny, Limerick, Ballyvaughan, Galway then back to Dublin. I think we stay last 2 nights in or around Dublin. If you have suggestions on where I should try to fly/record please let me know. Or, is it best to leave the drone at home given the forecast? Thank you

Thanks for the invite- looking at the weather forecast from March 22-30, seems windy and wet most of the time. Wind 10-16 mph most days. After arriving in Dublin, we head south to Sally Gap, the Kilkenny, Limerick, Ballyvaughan, Galway then back to Dublin. I think we stay last 2 nights in or around Dublin. If you have suggestions on where I should try to fly/record please let me know. Or, is it best to leave the drone at home given the forecast? Thank you

I would definitely bring your drone The weather here can be quite unpredictable and it may well turn out to be quite pleasant during your visit The Sally Gap is only a short distance from where I live and it's visually very beautiful You'd be kicking yourself for not bringing it if the weather turned out OK.

Generally the west is wetter and windier than the east of the country due to its proximity to the Atlantic. With a few days to spend on the Eastern side you may well get lucky. If not find a cosy pub and tuck into a few pints of Guinness

Reactions: Bazzam
If your going to sally gap, head 8 minutes drive further along to lough tay (or also called the Guinness lake) it's great for drone photography...nice parking, and quite beautiful.if the weather's kind :) 1521499029678.png

1521499083467.jpg

If your heading to lough tay, might as well keep on going another 9 minutes to Lower Vartry Reservoir :)

1521499658136.png1521499667289.jpg

And sure if you're at the reservoir, you'd be mad no to another 15minutes onto Glendalough :) although to fly here you need to be a little less obvious...if you get my drift :)

Enjoy your trip !!!
1521499954967.png
1521500040316.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_